Looking for some help with my GX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone, new member in Gilbert here. I'm looking for some advice or someone that could tackle a job for me. My '04 GX470 has a leak coming from the transfer case actuator box. Apparently it's common. I've been reading about the "shortcut" fix where you can just unbolt and twist the actuator box off of the T-case and replace the seals, and then twist and bolt it back up. It seems easy enough but there's some finesse required to not mangle the new seal on install etc. I'm looking for someone that's maybe done this job before and is familiar enough with it to do this for me. I'm willing to come to you, and obviously willing to compensate for your time.

Please reply here or DM if you're able to assist! Thanks a ton.

Mike

we have GX470s as well - I would bring it to @richardlillard1

Have to had to deal this leak on any of your GXs? Our 04 4Runner 4X4, V8 and full time 4WD has this leak. When Murf was at CBT was quoted over $2K for the repair. I have maintained the oil level. I have never been able find a good write up on the quick fix that doesn"t have a bunch chat that has to be weeded thru. Can put a ton of gear oil in for $2K. Especially since the vehicle only sees a few thousand miles a year at most.

Have to had to deal this leak on any of your GXs? Our 04 4Runner 4X4, V8 and full time 4WD has this leak. When Murf was at CBT was quoted over $2K for the repair. I have maintained the oil level. I have never been able find a good write up on the quick fix that doesn"t have a bunch chat that has to be weeded thru. Can put a ton of gear oil in for $2K. Especially since the vehicle only sees a few thousand miles a year at most.
I’m honestly just considering this approach, the area is just wet it’s not leaking out. I may just keep an eye on fluid level and continue. I hate driving vehicles with leaks but the price of the proper fix is mind boggling.

I’m honestly just considering this approach, the area is just wet it’s not leaking out. I may just keep an eye on fluid level and continue. I hate driving vehicles with leaks but the price of the proper fix is mind boggling.

Funny when I got the quote figured it wasn't worth it considering what I thought the vehicle was worth. We have had it since new and still under 130K miles. I see what these are selling for today and still can't justify paying that much for an oil leak. This is my wife's DD and has been replaced. Didn't even consider trading it in. We bought it in January 2004 figured $5K tops as a trade in. See what they are asking for 4th gens. V8 and 4X4 are most sought after. Have five year tags so insurance is really the only cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom