looking for setup advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

G

I have a '63 fj40 project. I have a TH350 and NP205 out of a blazer that I was hoping to put in it. Wondering wether to put a 283 or 350 in front of these. Will not be doing any rockcrawling, more of a second vehicle. &nbsp:Does anyone know what kind of top speed I can expect to get with this tranny and t-case with either motor. Any unforseen drawbacks to plan for etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Does the 63 have a centered rear dif? If not, the NP203 might not line up right. You would have to put your transfer in on an adapter, or put the blazer axles in too.

Either engine will make the truck go faster than you want to go in a 63 FJ-40. Honestly, you're looking at 80-90 mph tops if you're an insane person before the truck is out-of-control unsafe. Either motor will do that unless they are completely whipped.

Yes, it does havethe centered dif. Thanks for the advice.

I did 110+ with a FJ40 running a very warmed 350, stock toy 4-speed, and stock 4.1 diffs....4-wheel drums even!! May not be safe, but it can be done.

350 for cheap rebuild parts.

(I'm smarter now...lol)

I did 110+ with a FJ40 running a very warmed 350, stock toy 4-speed, and stock 4.1 diffs....4-wheel drums even!!  May not be safe, but it can be done.

350 for cheap rebuild parts.

(I'm smarter now...lol)

:eek:110 in a cruiser, man thats scary! Hope it didn't have the stock steering, I could only imagine what would happen if you hit some nice ruts in the road.......

31" bias mud terrains with stock armstrong steering.... :D

<I wasn't necessarily all that bright in my early 20's...>

hey im in my early 20's and i cant wait to get mine over 100,yeeehaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww!!!!!!
im also gonna be stock with 31"s :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom