Looking for replacement leather options for my 96 LX450 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Once you've installed a set of covers yourself you'll be an expert in wrestling 3 hobbits in the dark at the same time. All I can say is bring a lot of patience with you when you start. Very rewarding once done though, Shane's kit still makes me smile even two years later everyt ime I get in the rig

well said, that was an epic ordeal for me installing everything, alot of work, alot, but love the end result.....

Post up some pics Guppie!

Are there any updates on the LC 80 front seat kits from LSEAT? I haven't placed my order, hoping for some reviews.

So far these guys suck as far as communication goes. They sent me an invoice after sending pics (that I posted) of the completed patterns

I sent them payment on 4/3 . I sent them an email on 4/9 asking for tracking. No response. Id like to give them a good review....

Thanks and please keep us posted. I would really like to do the kit as my first option, but replacing the seats is starting to look more viable all the time.

I emailed them just now and they responded. Its supposed to be on the way tomorrow fedex estimated delivery Thursday. Ill post info when they are here. Last week I saw some metric covers in an LX so I have an idea what the leather on those is like for comparison.

These arrived today. The covers look good as far as seams and material. They even made the plastic inserts for the switch area. Fingers crossed for a good fit

I sent in my arm rests and console lid because I thought it would be better for them to test fit. They came back with the covers on them and while they look good they did a horrible job installing them. There are fasteners poking through from the underside that will wear through. I'll have to reinstall them.

I sent my covers in with the wires left in and they did not send them back. Ill have to make most of the wires. The plastic that was sewn in to match the factory covers in the middle of the seats is thicker and has some sharp corners that I will have to modify or it will cause wear points. There are a few hidden spots that have vinyl. The color does not match so if any of these show it will look bad.

The leather texture and thickness appears to be very similar to metric covers.
I don't have much time this week to work on these. I'll post more later

Thought I'd bump this thread after pulling the trigger on a set of replacement leather from Shane. I ordered a front row set in brown for my '95 on 4/4 and received it on 4/25. Shane was pretty good about keeping me in the loop with production time and shipping time estimates. In fact, it arrived about a week early from his original estimate. Great experience with Shane.

Thought I'd bump this thread after pulling the trigger on a set of replacement leather from Shane. I ordered a front row set in brown for my '95 on 4/4 and received it on 4/25. Shane was pretty good about keeping me in the loop with production time and shipping time estimates. In fact, it arrived about a week early from his original estimate. Great experience with Shane.
What's the cost through him?

My experience was a little different with Shane as I ordered on 3/5 and had to make a PayPal claim after no response. I did receive the leather this week and am soon to receive the cushions and heater (later this week) The experience made me nervous but reading all of the great product reviews over the past few years made me want to take the risk. Hope it's as nice as everyone says it is!

BTW, the coupon he sent out in February is what promoted me to pull the trigger. Ended up being 2k for all new brown leather, new cushions, and seat heaters.

Anyone try or look into the coverking leatherette options? They seem to get good reviews on other cars.

I would avoid Shane. Ripped me off for $500 in December. Got seat covers right away but no cushions. Won't respond to e-mail or answer phone. Still arguing with credit card company.

Avoid Shane like the plague. Ordered 3 rows in December, box arrived missing a row and other bits. Emailed him for 2 months with no response and ultimately disputed charge. Still working with credit card company on this.

Avoid Shane like the plague. Ordered 3 rows in December, box arrived missing a row and other bits. Emailed him for 2 months with no response and ultimately disputed charge. Still working with credit card company on this.

Mine arrived the wrong color. Also no response from the douche.

I can't believe people on here still order s*** from him.

I know Shane can be a little ADHD and it's been over three years since I ordered my kit from him but had nothing but great experience with him and the product, I lost the arm rests along the way and he sent out replacements no questions asked.
So sad to see other peoples experiences with him turning south as he makes a great product.

I got my leather samples today in the mail, none of the colors match the original color of my Lexus LX-450!

So I am thinking of going radical and getting scarlet red in the center and ivory on the outside, leather quality looks good, some colors are thicker then others!

Will keep you guys posted!

ok i'm finally ready to get this seat refresh done. I know my bottom foam on both seats needs to be replaced, how many of you have also replaced the back foam?
A search on amazon of 'hog ring pliers' returns over 6 thousand results, which do you recommend?
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom