Looking for rectifier (+) Aftermarket ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

David*BJ70

Looking forward to reach the end of the world
Threads
I'm looking for a 3B 12V alt. rectifier (positive side).

27353-57070

Aftermarket or use.

The shop can't find any cross-reference (mostly obsolet) and Toyota asking 415$ (not available right now in north america).

Any input or narrowing search will be appreciate (part number, brand, ...).

Last edited:
I did some Googling this evening and those diodes are called: "press-fit-diodes" or "alternator-diodes" and mostly sold in 3 packs. 3x positive and 3x negative. Prices between $6 and $68 a piece.
Here are some pics:
!B-Jp!,gEGk~$(KGrHqF,!g8EzeNlEHFqBM745q3-Hg~~_35.jpg imagesCAE8GLTT.jpg alternator-rectifier-automobile-diode.jpg

Hope this helps,

Rudi
!B-Jp!,gEGk~$(KGrHqF,!g8EzeNlEHFqBM745q3-Hg~~_35.jpg
imagesCAE8GLTT.jpg
alternator-rectifier-automobile-diode.jpg

Last edited:
I'm looking for a 3B 12V alt. rectifier (positive side).

27353-57070

Aftermarket or use.

The shop can't find any cross-reference (mostly obsolet) and Toyota asking 415$ (not available right now in north america).

Any input or narrowing search will be appreciate (part number, brand, ...).

Corrona,Camry and Cressida of the same years are showing the same part number

Corrona,Camry and Cressida of the same years are showing the same part number

Yeah... all with diesel engine... like 2L engine as well. As we say here, all this is rare as Pope s***.

Not sure that help that much...

Thank bj40green. I'll bring this info to the shop. Hope it will enjoy reading your post because I don't find myself very qualified in electrical problem regarding alternator.

I'll try to find a used alt. around...

rectifier can be rebuild.. is it because it's to rusty to be repair ? because diode is not so hard to weld. Good rebuild shop will do that for 10$ ?

Did you Google for 27353-57070 ?
I found several suppliers like ► 27353-57070 - OEM Toyota HOLDER and 27353-57070 - Toyota HOLDER

Rudi

Of course I search on Google. BTW, only 12 hits for 27353-57070 w/Google. (including this post !).. and I'll try this site for my very last option.

rectifier can be rebuild.. is it because it's to rusty to be repair ? because diode is not so hard to weld. Good rebuild shop will do that for 10$ ?

Yes I know that also. I questioned some shop about weld a new diode. There all agree thas is the last solution... you never know if that fix will hold few days of few years.

PS : my rectifier is not rust at all.

Finaly, ill take few days to look around for a used one...

Yes I know that also. I questioned some shop about weld a new diode. There all agree thas is the last solution... you never know if that fix will hold few days of few years.

Yep It's because the guy who weld the diode doesn't know how to do that. Diode doesn't blow by itself. If you heat to mutch you melt it but you can test it with a Fluke( multimètre) . I did mine 4 years ago before I rebuilt the complet kit. My diode blow because of a short inside the wiring.

You need a heat gun with 3 or 6 diode, you have 2 side and it's not the same diode. Current doesn't flow in the same side. A diode is good for more then 30 years.

You remove all the old diode.Add some lead and place all the new one in place of the old one when lead is cold. Heat under the metal plate juste enough that you see the lead melt and stick to your diode. Do three at the time and heat a little bit under each so that one will be weld.. the second take less time and the third really don't need heat. Don't forget to put enough flux so that lead stick on the diode.

If you don't heat to mutch, your good for 30 year and more. For 1$ each diode, it's cost nothing to try and take about 20 minutes for the job

Finaly, ill take few days to look around for a used one...

Thank to a Cruiserhead living near me who gave me a used alternator. The rectifier seems in good condition ... remains to seen what will tell the guy at the shop about it...

Grr... FYI, 3B alternator w/inside regulator and w/o inside regulator DID NOT SHARE the same rectifier...

What's wrong with the donor alternator? Is it fixable?

Rudi

When there is an internal regulator, there is an additional component ON the rectifier which ensures that the regulator operates.

Rectifier WITHOUT internal regulator VS Rectifier WITH internal regulator and blow diode

Is it fixable.... yes and no.

The diode can be fix as Wedg3 propose... (last option)

The additional component can be remove from the broken rectifier and add to the other one... remove pressure fit studs, drill hole, new rivet, weld.... (very last option). Finally, since I'm not the one who fixing my alternator... I do not know the motivation of the shop owner the take this way. I trust this guys so if he not propose this way... it is certainly because it is not the best route to fix it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom