Looking for recommendation for Front & Rear Axle/Diffs Rebuild. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sschruff

Make PSILOCYBIN legal for TBI/PTSD/TRA&D
Threads
So - first stage of the FJ60 is nearing completion and I'm seeking someone with experience on the FJ60 axles, knuckles, and duff's. I have all of the parts and would love the chance to learn if someone is willing to teach (I'll pay for the help, lesson, etc). Any suggestions/recommendations in the NOLA area (Metairie, Kenner, New Orleans)?

ps - decided to use Anything Car Audio/Upholstery (Wesley) for the interior work. Thanks for all the recommendations.

Shane

Shane, I don't know anyone on the southshore. A buddy rebuilt my front axle and installed a locker for me. He operates CAMO4x4 out of Abita Springs as a side business. Another friend in Denham Springs does the same thing. He operates a side business, Forged Offroad, and did some work on my tow rig a while back. And then getting even further out, but absolutely the most knowledgable cruiser mechanic anywhere around this area, is Paul (lostinafog). He is in Lafayette and a member of our club. I don't believe any of these three would have an issue teaching you as they do the work.

If you're coming to the meeting tomorrow remind me about this. Hope to meet you there.

Shane, I don't know anyone on the southshore. A buddy rebuilt my front axle and installed a locker for me. He operates CAMO4x4 out of Abita Springs as a side business. Another friend in Denham Springs does the same thing. He operates a side business, Forged Offroad, and did some work on my tow rig a while back. And then getting even further out, but absolutely the most knowledgable cruiser mechanic anywhere around this area, is Paul (lostinafog). He is in Lafayette and a member of our club. I don't believe any of these three would have an issue teaching you as they do the work.

If you're coming to the meeting tomorrow remind me about this. Hope to meet you there.

Mike-

Thank you for the reply and information. I''ve dealt with MudBug off road in the past and wouldn't have a confidence issue bringing something of this sort to them. However, I would like to learn from whoever's going to do the job - and I've found that 'official' shops aren't usually to keen on the customer participating in work related tasks, lol. I'll try to get in touch with Paul - maybe if I can work around his schedule, I'll grab a hotel and make it a weekend.

When/where is the meeting tomorrow? I have to go in to the clinic for a couple hours in the morning but could possibly make it afterwards. Is it local (NOLA) or is it in the BR area? Also - joined Louisiana Krewesers tonight. . .looking forward to becoming an active member.

Again, thanks for the info. . .

Shane

Doh. . .amazing what a little 'search' will do, eh?

Meet & greet: tomorrow, NS Toyota, 11a-1p. . .copy that.

Shane

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom