Looking for Proper Wheel Offset for 33" Tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all. I am lifting an FJ62 two inches and am planning on 33" tires. I have been trying to find some information about what the appropriate wheel offset is for this application and what diameter wheel works best. None of the tire vendors have this info and are not really open to trying out wheels until one is right. If anyone has replaced both wheels and used 33" tires, what was the wheel offset amount. I am assuming about negative 24 or so, but not really sure. I don't have much experience with this. I would appreciate any help.

Offset is dependent on the wheel width...we'd need to know what the rest of the specs are for the wheels you're considering.

Backspacing isn't dependent on wheel width, so I can say you'll want roughly 3" backspacing (or less).

There's a thread on here, "wheels that fit"...do a search for it, and you'll find a curent list of wheels people have used that will work (for sure).

- Brian

My stock wheels work fine with 33's, even when I had stock 250k mile suspension.

If you go 16" wheels it isn't as much of a problem. Then if you can upgrade to Tundra rotors later on.

The thread below has everything you'd ever want to know about wheels on a 60

Offset is dependent on the wheel width...we'd need to know what the rest of the specs are for the wheels you're considering.

Backspacing isn't dependent on wheel width, so I can say you'll want roughly 3" backspacing (or less).

There's a thread on here, "wheels that fit"...do a search for it, and you'll find a curent list of wheels people have used that will work (for sure).

- Brian
Thank you Brian.
The tires will be 12.5” wide and the wheel most likely 8” wide. I will also look for the thread.

Thank you Brian.
The tires will be 12.5” wide and the wheel most likely 8” wide. I will also look for the thread.

I'll add some info, one example at least.

These 16" wheels fit 255/85-16 tires (~33") on my 2" lifted 60, with no spacers needed. I believe they also make an 8" width model:

wvi-12-671204_s.jpg

Summit Racing
"Smoothie"
WVI-12-670604
Wheel, Steel, Primer, 16 in.x 7 in., 6 x 5.5 in. Bolt Circle, 4 in. Backspace

I'll add some info, one example at least.

These 16" wheels fit 255/85-16 tires (~33") on my 2" lifted 60, with no spacers needed. I believe they also make an 8" width model:

View attachment 2237729
Summit Racing
"Smoothie"
WVI-12-670604
Wheel, Steel, Primer, 16 in.x 7 in., 6 x 5.5 in. Bolt Circle, 4 in. Backspace
Thank you very much for the information. Any idea on aluminum wheels? Make/model/part number?

Thank you very much for the information. Any idea on aluminum wheels? Make/model/part number?

I never looked into aluminum - but that "wheels that work" thread has some options mentioned. It makes sense to start at the end of the thread (most recent) and go backwards, as early posts often show discontinued wheels.

Also, as you probably know, not a lot of tire options in the 15" world, and they're getting slimmer in 16" too.

I have 33x10.5 tires on 15x8 steelies with 3.75" backspacing. They get hilariously close to TREs and calipers, but they clear. I think they look more tucked into the fenders than they really need to be. For 12.5" wide tires, they'd look a little bit less weirdly tucked in, I think, but I still think closer to 3" backspacing would be good.

If you don't mind getting your doors muddy/don't live in a place where you'll actually get ticketed for tires extending past the body, and you're confident rattle-canning them in your color of choice, I recommend looking into these: U.S. Wheel 78 Series Unpainted 8-Spoke Wheels 78-5860R

BS on the OEM 15x6" steel wheel is 3 3/8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom