Looking for Pictures: Paint Code 2V9(?) - Two tone (1 Viewer)

Repaint?

• Paint it 4E8 Beige

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paint it 147 Silver

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello FJ60/62 Forum!

First time jumping over to this side of mud. I am in the process of purchasing my first 60 (1986) and I ran into a bit of a problem. Here is the C/TM/A/TM code: 2V9 / FB42 / KO52 / H42

It took me a few hours to figure out that 2V9 is a factory two tone of 147 and 4E8 - but I have yet to find a picture of this color combination. After purchase, the 60 will be completely torn apart and restored, the 2F has already been completely rebuilt in the last year. It is currently painted white, but it has had a few color changes over the years. I'm currently debating if I should paint it the factory two tone or not.

Thoughts?! Pictures?!

As she sits...

FJ60.jpg

There were no 2 tone FJ60s in the US; only FJ62s were two tone - but no matter, if you do it well, it will look sharp. Besides, every FJ60 wishes it were an FJ62 ;)

There is a 2 tone paint thread here, so search for that.

There were no 2 tone FJ60s in the US; only FJ62s were two tone - but no matter, if you do it well, it will look sharp. Besides, every FJ60 wishes it were an FJ62 ;)

From what limited information I could find, 2V9 was produced from 1985-1987. It is a factory two tone US vehicle... the vin confirms it's an 1986 and the paint code is on the factory tag.

https://hdpaintcode.com/toyota-and-lexus-color-codes/ - search 2V9, its the only information I can find :(

What is the 60s original color? Can you see it in the engine bay or inner doors anywhere or hidden under some trim work?

My vote is single color, non metallic...classic 60.

I was going off this for my comment that there were no 2 tone FJ60s, but of course, I could be wrong.

What is the 60s original color? Can you see it in the engine bay or inner doors anywhere or hidden under some trim work?

My vote is single color, non metallic...classic 60.
I didn't pull the rug or trim, but gas cap and engine bay were painted Silver.

Here is the pic of the factory tag
VIN.jpg

Well if you are correct....a silver and beige two tone had to be a horrific combo,
So much so, every photo has been aeased from the internet.
A head scratcher and wish I could help you locate it.

That being said, best bet is to respray in silver so it matches insode the doorjambs, gas cap etc.

cheers

The Phillips head screws on the VIN plate are suspicious. I think they should be rivets which indicates the plate being removed. However that doesn’t explain the paint code no one has seen.

HAH! Never! Round eyes always for the win....and I'll take the carbureted tractor engine and manual trans any day over the 3FE and auto!

Well if you are correct....a silver and beige two tone had to be a horrific combo,
So much so, every photo has been aeased from the internet.
A head scratcher and wish I could help you locate it.

That being said, best bet is to respray in silver so it matches insode the doorjambs, gas cap etc.

cheers
Here is a pic of the silver beige two tone combo for ya's. I am a fan😎

CCAE619F-DDD5-4E15-A76C-9D302B9C714E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom