Looking for Pictures of 4x4 Labs Bike Rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for any pictures or an experiences people have had on the bike rack part of the bumper. I have used search and only found these one picture. I want to see if I can adapt their kit to be used on a forty.

Thanks

bikerack.jpg

I believe that picture is mine. Just to be clear I adapted 4x4labs bike rack kit. I don't want an extra piece to come on and off, so I just welded the bike rack bits straight to the ladder. It keeps the bikes a tad lower I think, but closer in as well.

I've been very happy, except for welding a couple degrees off parallel. Whoops :D

I think Luke has some pictures of the bike rack the way he intended it on his site.

Cheers,
JFS III

Thanks for the information. I looked around on their website, but couldn't find any pictures. Just what you get in the kit.

Very bottom of this page:Rear Bumpers | 4×4 Labs

There are these two pictures:

2bikes.jpg

2bikesopen.jpg

Perhaps not as much detail as you might want.

Cheers,
JFS III

I have the 4x4 Lab bike racks on both of my 80's. My '97 is in Tijeras getting some work done by Ali and I am in Las Vegas and will likely be going to ABQ in the next few days in my '94. If you wanted to get up close to one, it shouldn't be a problem.

Mine are the same style as Count_Fred.

Last edited:
come up to the house and you can see one for yourself.

Here is a shot of mine. Taken minutes after install at 4x4Labs. Since then I have modified it with locking skewers and ratcheting rear wheel locks from Yakima. My only complaint is more due to my lift and that it is not so easy to get the bikes on there sometimes, and that my MTB will only go on one side due to the disc brake caliper.

:cheers:

Steve

cyclosteve-albums-4x4labs-bumper-picture8434-4x4-rear.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures, I can't believe I missed those pictures on the website. Thanks for the help Count.

Ali and rgsii, I will stop by and take a look at for sure.

CycloSteve I am glad you made mention to that. I will be carrying either two mtb or two road or one of each. If you wouldn't mind I would like to see the Yakima rear wheel locks.

Thanks

Here's mine. I used a receiver tube on the tire mount and then modified Thule rack to carry my bike. It's simple, lightweight and folds down.

1068284.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

I saw that when I was searching around. I want to put on a 2" receiver on my spare tire holder so I can, but I am afraid to put too much weight on stock tube style carrier.

I got actually two extra spare carriers that I wanted to cut and flip and turn one into a bike rack and the second to hold jerry cans for fuel or water, or put a cooler in it. Or make it so the cooler/jerry can holder can be attached when bikes aren't there.

for simplicity sake, a hitch bike carrier is a nice unit. If you don't have a hitch receiver, you're going to need one anyway! If you have a spare tire, you could get one of those spare tire bike carrier for another simple solution. I have both of those in case you wanted to try them out.

My bad, getting another rack confused with the Labs one and my brakes clearing the mounts. My MTB can go on either side, the problem was that when I have one MTB and one road bike they only worked one way, otherwise the MTB bars were hitting the road bike.

Here are a few pics of the straps. Bought standard Yak rail straps, and drilled a hole in the Labs mounts to bolt them onto. Work flawlessly, and much better than a toe-strap. Also a pic of the locking levers I used. Wish I could use the newer-style ones from the Viper, but they do not fit (head was too large).

Steve

cyclosteve-albums-4x4labs-bumper-picture15494-yak-strap-1.jpg

cyclosteve-albums-4x4labs-bumper-picture15495-yak-strap-2.jpg

cyclosteve-albums-4x4labs-bumper-picture15493-yak-skewer.jpg

Sweet, thanks man. Time to start drawing and then building.

can someone tell me the distance from the top of the bike rack tube to the spoiler (80 series)? A profile shot (from the pass side) showing me where the hi lift swing and the bike swing end up relative to the rear hatch glass would be great.

thanks.

Hi Alia,

Bike rack to glass and spoiler measures 6". Hi-Lift to glass is 12" at the top of the jack, and 6" at the bottom of the window. Sorry no pics tonight, as it is pitch dark. Let me know if you still want a pic, and can take one in the morning.

Also, the tire/Hi-Lift mount are adjustable, so you can choose how close it is to your tailgate. Mine kept creeping, so I drilled and tapped a bolt into the assembly. No movement after that mod. If you want to take a look at it when you are in Fremont next month, let me know as I am about 20 mins away.

Steve

thanks Steve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom