Looking for parts in Reno area. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone a friend recommended this site to me I live in Dayton. Looking for all sorts of parts for my 65 I just picked up. Stripping the body now planning on this being a full few year resto but prepared to start gathering parts . Etc door hinges ,upper window, top , heaters etc thank you all in advance . Also have other newer Toyota stuff if anyone is looking for truck stuff.

Lots of 40s on reno craigslist so may be worthwhile to pick up another spare parts rigs. Other than that there are a few sites online that sell good stuff, Man-A-Fre, Spectre Offroad, CityRacerLLC, TrailTailor, CoolCruisersofTexas, CruiserOutfitters, etc. Or if you are looking for slightly used parts, look up at the classifieds section and see if anyone is parting out a rig you might need or eBay.

Come to the club meetings when you get a chance, well all love talking cruisers... oh and there is usually beer and pizza too!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome . Thanks for the input I just picked this one up and might get a 73 also but would like to part this one together first . Mine I believe was a factory soft top. I’m still getting to the roots of it. Stripped the driver side fender it had lots of Bondo but it’s fairly straight idk why it was done that way. When is the next meet and where. I can’t figure out how to load pictures yet but I will . Looking for a gas tank and set brackets etc. I want to get larger parts then worry about small details .

Here is some pics

82362848-7737-4F73-803D-D955F10347BF.jpeg

2ED31D25-36B5-467E-9CF3-FE8B875EABC8.jpeg

Weird about all the bondo, maybe just an overzealous body work guy? Make sure you coat that with something ASAP so you dont get any flash rust.

Oh and next meeting is posted in the sticky section at the top of the forum. Usually happens the 2nd Thursday of every month at the pizza place by the South Walmart in Reno.

What should I coat it with ? I might have to replace the other panel. It is my first time replacing a panel. Yea I think the body work guy was a lil crazy on the Bondo . The rest of the truck seams ok just waiting for a place to be open to soda blast the inside. Will be pulling the cab to start on the frame soon. I posted pics on the other side side all input is appreciated.

1E6C8D94-367E-4576-B845-2EF2F7A88F10.jpeg

5953554C-351E-4DF4-BCBB-95236517BB56.jpeg

Depends.... You could go to the store and get some cheap rattle can spray primer and coat it or you could put an oil coating over it. You just want to protect against rust.
And those corners, as long as it is not rusted, can be pulled out and straightened. Just will take time and effort. Spot weld gun with a slide hammer would do the trick on a lot of that as well as some body working tools. This is the fun part where you get to justify the purchase of new tools!!!

Hmmm yea I’m just unsure on the big hole on that panel looks like a cb antenna was mounted . Thanks for the input maybe I will try my hand at pulling some dents out on it. Did some dissembling tonight.

B54D6FD5-5EAB-44E1-80AE-C9C122B48B53.jpeg

531A5D3B-3C02-4AAA-A600-C51758809310.jpeg

925A972A-E554-4E54-B953-F1B604E9657D.jpeg

If you are talking about the hole on the right fender close to the wheel, we could probably weld that up pretty easily.
Other thing you could do is go with a paintless dent puller system, I purchased a cheapo HF version and it worked pretty good for some smaller dents. Something like this, just uses a hot glue gone to adhere the discs to the panel.
And just like the sticker on your fridge says in the last photo.... s***lbuffout!!

If its a 65 tub most of it is 14 and 16ga, preferred method of dent removal is a torch and heavy hammer, this isnt nomal auto body sheet metal.. that said you can shrink the metal with a torch and hammer and dolly.. you will need some heat to help move the metal arround.. not hard just takes more muscle and time.. good luck,

I have one of those dent pullers and a propane torch and oxy/ace setup. Just gotta get the Bondo off the fenders. Gonna take some stuff to be sand blasted next week. Started sourcing some parts got original Toyota lights on the way nib . Also still waiting to decide on a power plant considering a 22re/5spd/ single t case. Opened the trans up it looks a little rusty. Gonna pull the trans and all this weekend after the tub. Hopefully have the frame to a sand plaster next week as well. Is there any major swap meets local besides sac

3rz ---22re is really old the newer motor more power better mileage..

The new 4.3 ls based v6 is really neat also..

Yea if I’m going to that new of a system I might consider the tundra 4.7s but idk ls seams to be the simplest cause so many people are striping down the harness . Mainly just looking to build a Sunday cruiser with her. I already have built rock crawlers on one tons and don’t that I actually just sold my last one for a 05 tundra crew cab

You could do a 4 cyl and be ok but I would go bigger.

Yea if I’m going to that new of a system I might consider the tundra 4.7s but idk ls seams to be the simplest cause so many people are striping down the harness . Mainly just looking to build a Sunday cruiser with her. I already have built rock crawlers on one tons and don’t that I actually just sold my last one for a 05 tundra crew cab

Yeah main problem that I have read about for moving to a Tundra system (1UZ or 2UZ v8) is that the ECU/ECM/PCM are hard to hack and work without all the sensors being put into places. There was a guy on here a number of years ago, that was actually a Toyota designer and engineer, that did it for one of his cruisers (took the 2UZ out of a LS400) but he is pretty much the only one that I have seen other than seeing one in a Toyota 4wd rag a while back. Talk with @ddelong6767 as he was recently asking about interest from the 60 crew for a 1UZ/2UZ to H55 adapter.

Yea struggled to find a straight 6 set up I believe I’m going to run a ls 5.3 set up . Going to be selling a lot of the cruiser drivetrain stuff I have

If you are planning on buying an engine look at this local seller, BD Turnkey.
Have talked with him in the past and he was really nice, great knowledge and affordable. He gets you what you want but will give it to you straight if he thinks you could do better for the money (I was looking at dropping a 4.8 in at one point and he filled me in on some good info).
Best of all he is local, so you can see your engine yourself, pick it up from him, etc. No watching videos and what not from seller across the US and hoping that they send you the proper engine.