Looking for OEM 1983 BJ-42 taillight assemblies (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone can point me in the right direction that would be mighty fine of you...

Toyota part numbers

81550-60311
81560-60231

Thanks for your time, Mark.

I'd call Cruiser Outfitters, if you haven't. They list the 12v ones.

MegaZip lists them, but that might not be accurate. In fact, probably not. But worth the time to send them an email to check. Lots of the "online stock" isn't accurate until someone checks.

Toyota part numbers

81550-60311
81560-60231

I bought mine from City Racer.

Looks like they are out of stock right now, but he may get more (I imagine)

Also, looks like Cruiser Outfitters may have some.

Guy

MegaZip lists them, but that might not be accurate. In fact, probably not. But worth the time to send them an email to check. Lots of the "online stock" isn't accurate until someone checks.

I have ordered a part from them that everyone ones else had listed a NLA. Ordered, got billed and couple weeks later get a refund and email saying it it NLA. Have checked over a year later and still showed available. Even once checked they haven't delete it. Same part at 4X4 World in Australia shows temporarily out of stock for over a year. In that time obvious the part is NLA. Friend in Australia found an aftermarket one in Tasmania.

As for tail lights 12 volt should work. Have military trailers that were 24 volt lights. Used the military lights with 12 volt bulb the fit the sockets. Should need to cross reference bulbs. Even with different plugs should be that hard. Plugs are sold separately and part number with be different since the bulbs are included. Had a bunch of wiring from an 5/84 Australian troopy. That includes the rear harness and tail lights. Have stripped other tail lights from wrecked 40 that I cut harness before the plug to be sure had both ends the plug connection.

Toyota part numbers

81550-60311
81560-60231

what is so special or bj42 specific about these 2 CANADA spec. part numbers you seek ?

are they 24v or 12v ?

Round Connectors

Oval Connetors

or

square conenctors ?

i have a TAIL LAMPS idenification Thread i made ...........

Please enjoy it and report back please ...

if you have the ODD but now 4th generation 5 pin ROUND Locking latching connectors i think you have going on ?

i CAN help here

LINK HERE to a Bigger Bolder World !

thanks matt

265D2C60-3ED4-4109-BB4D-959C5A21F6DC.jpeg
7378E4BA-606C-4088-9CD6-51052F4B5618.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom