Looking for new old stock or similar to OEM wheels for 87 FJ-60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have original OEM steel chrome wheels.
I have trouble finding a tire to fit because wheel is so narrow. I see post with OEM wheels and 31/10.50 15 tires. If I put those tires on the wheels I have the tire is ballooned and wares out quickly due to the ill fit. I cannot find 9.50s any more and would like to run a more common tire size.
Does anyone know where to find new old stock or similar wheels?

I have original OEM steel chrome wheels.
I have trouble finding a tire to fit because wheel is so narrow. I see post with OEM wheels and 31/10.50 15 tires. If I put those tires on the wheels I have the tire is ballooned and wares out quickly due to the ill fit. I cannot find 9.50s any more and would like to run a more common tire size.
Does anyone know where to find new old stock or similar wheels?

Search for the "wheels that work, with part numbers" thread here on the 60s forum. There is some detail in there about 16" Toyota wheels that are still available new. They are a good match to the OEM wheels and fit without spacers.

there are enough of us running 31x10.5's without issue

what inflation preasure are you using?

There are a ton of people running 31x10.5 and probably even more running 33x10.5 on their stock 15” wheels. Big name tire shops won’t mount them due to the narrow wheel. I haven’t heard of anyone having issues with it though. I’ve had 33x10.5 on my stock wheels for 3 years. They’ve been great. No premature wearing.

8B97B46C-9C24-45FD-B30D-35AAE1338C9B.jpeg

31x10.5, 33x10.5

I prefer 33s for trails but 31s are great for a pavement pounder. Both fit and wear very well. Don't overthink this.

If the shop says no to mounting (stop going to big name shops) go to a local shop, they don't care. If you run into multiple shops giving you grief, you're doing something wrong.

If you feel they 'balloon' do a chalk test to verify. This isn't a high performance sports car, air them up to around 35psi and move it on down the road. I pulled 60k miles out of a set of K02s in 33x10.5. Tons of pavement and a large amount of trails also...never had to think about fine tuning tire pressure, only to see what gives me the best gas mileage on freeway.

BFG makes a 30x9.5 r15 A/T. I've used this for a number of years. Great size for a 60 series. It's a very practical size and inexpensive too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom