Looking for New Factory Roof Rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Low Profile roof racks

I have Thule racks on my rig. For Thule, The Toyota Landcruiser (I have '97 FJZ80) option shows the 387 High Foot Gutter Mount Foot Pack, whereas the The Lexus of the same breed shows the 300 foot gutter, which is the lower profile of the two.
I also wanted to put on the OEM rack to save height. However after reading the posts, I too have been convinced that the OEM is no good. I have the 387 High Foot Gutter system on my TLC, but I've been wanting to get a rack that will still save even more height clearance than the Thule 300 racks.
Since we are all in agreement that the OEM racks are crap, this leads to my next question.
The only thing i carry on my roof are surfboards. when the surfboards are off I currently can clear garages with a Min clearance of 6'3". I plan on putting in OME suspension which will increase my height a few more inches. I know I can save some clearance if I take off my current Thule racks, but I do not want to constantly trake them on and off. In a perfect world I would like to have the low profile of OME racks, without the headache of the current problems.
Is there an offerring of roof installed racks that would take care of the light load without concerns of rust, etc? My goal would be to have a clearance from roof to rack of maybe an inch or so. Just enough to thread the webbing through at the same time still salvage height clearance.

If you want a low profile rack try a Saris. Mine only sits about an inch higher than the factory one. http://www.saris.com
lx24.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom