Looking for Mechanic to do Diesel Swap in Michigan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm hoping to find a mechanic to perform a diesel swap....drivetrain from my '87 HJ60 (5 spd. tranny, 2H motor) into a '85 FJ60 body and frame. Both vehicles are complete, but have been sitting for a few years. The frame of the HJ is super rusty and I had to stop driving it several years back and had hoped to have the swap done shortly thereafter...but some things came up. The FJ is from California and is rust free. If anyone knows of a knowledgeable diesel mechanic in Michigan who is familiar with diesel LC's and would be capable performing the swap please let me know.

Why not have a go yourself and leave the parts you cant to do an expert. 2H + FJ60 is probably the easiest swap.

Wad of money...check. Bringing both trucks to Canada...not going to happen.

I'd love to do it myself, but am a full time mom of a 2 1/2 year old and on top of that run full time business which keeps me up to the wee hours of the night...so I really don't have any free time, or equipment/tools, and to top it off my garage is full of various inventory, displays, etc. that I use for my business.

And I'd hate for them to sit for any longer than they have already. Option two is sell them both...but I don't really want to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom