Looking for Mechanic suggestions in NW Jersey (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have a 100 series that needs some general scheduled maintenance done. Looking for non-dealer local recommendations. I live in the Rockaway, NJ area. Thanks.

Hey, all,

I have the same question as OP. I just purchased my first LC (a’95 80) last weekend that should arrive to NJ soon (having transport issue).

It would be great to learn of a local shop who knows these vehicles well and that won’t rip you off, as well as a parts supplier.

I live in the northern NJ (Morristown, NJ area).

Thanks.

Suj

Hey, all,

I have the same question as OP. I just purchased my first LC (a’95 80) last weekend that should arrive to NJ soon (having transport issue).

It would be great to learn of a local shop who knows these vehicles well and that won’t rip you off, as well as a parts supplier.

I live in the northern NJ (Morristown, NJ area).

Thanks.

Suj

I’m in Kingston/Woodstock area of NY (exit 19) and can assist.

Team - I am in NorthWest NJ as well. I take my FJ's to Kenny Deans in Watertown NJ - 305 route 9 - 609 660 0088. He worked at Toyota for many years during the Heyday of the FJ. If you want your work done right - go there! Fair warning - its not cheap; but the quality is outstanding.

Team - I am in NorthWest NJ as well. I take my FJ's to Kenny Deans in Watertown NJ - 305 route 9 - 609 660 0088. He worked at Toyota for many years during the Heyday of the FJ. If you want your work done right - go there! Fair warning - its not cheap; but the quality is outstanding.

Do you mean Waretown, NJ in Ocean County? That would be perfect for me as I live in Monmouth. Just got my first LC and need an indy mechanic too. Thanks!

@Imargo79

Just looking at your pic and handle name - curious was that you who pick up the 39k miles 40th from BAT yesterday? If so, congrats!

@Imargo79

Just looking at your pic and handle name - curious was that you who pick up the 39k miles 40th from BAT yesterday? If so, congrats!

It was, thanks!

It was, thanks!

I haven’t had any personal experience with Kenny Deans in NJ, but it has been recommended to me that a trip down to OTRAMM in Bealton VA may be worth it for anything major or complex. I have heard that Ryan from OTRAMM is quite the expert on these trucks. Please know that I have absolutely no affiliation with Ryan or OTRAMM whatsoever. I have watched OTRAMM videos on YouTube and have also read many posts here on Mud that reference them as a go to shop. OTRAMM is also a supported vendor here, and I wish they were closer as I am still in search of a shop closer to us. Just passing along info that I hope may be helpful as I continue to learn about my 80 as well.

In the meantime, I’ll definitely keep a look out for that exceptional truck of yours.

There is also a guy on the 80S forum doing a complete 80 Series restoration in Jersey. I don't know if he's taking other clients. @rdcnj
Check out his thread below:

There is also a guy on the 80S forum doing a complete 80 Series restoration in Jersey. I don't know if he's taking other clients. @rdcnj
Check out his thread below:

Thanks for the mention @jonheld

We are taking maintenance, service and repair. Anything above that is on hold till the 80 is off the lift. Thankfully, getting closer by the day.

We provide a loaner vehicle to those may that need it. Nothing glorious like your Cruisers. Just something to help you get around while we get a handle on your needs and timeline to address them.

Congrats on your purchase. If you're ever around, feel free to let me gawk at it and marvel.

thanks! Gonna try to get to the Red Bank Cars and Coffee later this month if I take delivery by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom