Looking for Low Profile Tire Service Solution for Low Clearance Garage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

8 sheets of 3/4 plywood laid down on both sides on the driveway.

Bare rims

Install the rims, slide the plywood underneath, and drive forward on the plywood so you don't damage the driveway.

62860_W3.jpg

Harbor Freight garage tent. <= $200 with a 20% coupon. Breaks down for storage when you're done with your service work.

Because 37's are the new 35's.....you should probably move. :flipoff2:

But seriously I feel your pain. I am currently relocating to the midwest. The neighborhood were looking for a place in has old houses and plenty of nice garages that are pretty good size, but they all have a 7' door opening and my cruiser sits a couple inches above that (on 315's with a rack on top). It's making house shopping stupidly complicated. I'll be following along to see how you deal with this puzzle. Mine is similar, but I want to store my cruiser inside and away from MN salt all winter.

Because 37's are the new 35's.....you should probably move. :flipoff2:

But seriously I feel your pain. I am currently relocating to the midwest. The neighborhood were looking for a place in has old houses and plenty of nice garages that are pretty good size, but they all have a 7' door opening and my cruiser sits a couple inches above that (on 315's with a rack on top). It's making house shopping stupidly complicated. I'll be following along to see how you deal with this puzzle. Mine is similar, but I want to store my cruiser inside and away from MN salt all winter.
Yeah, same in TN...even in AZ where I've spent most of my life. The positive side is the wife is pushing hard for me to build my 40x60 shop with 10 foot doors to park the 80 in and get another car for a DD. Gotta love that woman! If I win the lottery, I'll be doing just that!

View attachment 3167562

Harbor Freight garage tent. <= $200 with a 20% coupon. Breaks down for storage when you're done with your service work.
That's neat but I don't want to be in thr humid summer or freezing winter doing major work. Spent the last 2 years with no garage and lived in tents and a bare driveway and I'm moving on from the nomad life back to a garage now that I have a house again.

Jeez, how much more of an excuse do we need to give you? SMDH Go get a winch already :lol:
LOL, totally agree, I actually need one living in TN now. Nothing but muddy trails here with the weather we have.

At least the junkyards around here sell wheels at about 50 dollars on average each. You might just get some junkers without tires you feel fine about running without tires. I bet you could get cheap Chevy six lug steelies for a good price. Just make sure they have the large enough hubs.

At least the junkyards around here sell wheels at about 50 dollars on average each. You might just get some junkers without tires you feel fine about running without tires. I bet you could get cheap Chevy six lug steelies for a good price. Just make sure they have the large enough hubs.
Yeah. There's a yard down the street I just discovered, lots of Chevy and Dodge trucks.

8 sheets of 3/4 plywood laid down on both sides on the driveway.

Bare rims

Install the rims, slide the plywood underneath, and drive forward on the plywood so you don't damage the driveway.
Great idea, that was in the discussion when the tireless rims were discussed but 3/4 ply is still stupid pricey here in TN. The Guniwheels would be a cheaper option over the ply and steelies.

Get 4 16in rims

Dramatic internet forum pause

Then 8 16in bike tires

Put the bike tires over the rim lips

Magic... (maybe)
Ho Ho HO, I like that idea! That could work since I'm only driving in a few feet. Kevlar tires might hold up?

If I can find the 16x4 rims locally for a few bucks that would be a winner. I just checked some ebay auctions and I think they are smoking crack for $140 for a 16x4 rim with no tire...

and you must take a video. And I think It will be important to get a poser shot on your driveway...you know for posterity.

and you must take a video. And I think It will be important to get a poser shot on your driveway...you know for posterity.
LOL, oh if I figure this out, poser pics are a must.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom