Looking for Local (Austin Area) fabricator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

a_traut_man

SILVER Star
Threads
Morning Guys & Gals.

Anyone know of a decent fabricator around the Austin area who might be capable of building a cooler rack to fit a Yeti Tundra45 on a Slee ladder? I have the sketches done and a friend from back home was going to help me out but he's gotten busy.

I saw another thread from a little while back for a guy in DFW-area but really don't feel like going that far if I don't have to.

Adam

4x4Labs sells cooler rack kits that I'm sure can be grafted on the Slee ladder. Also, 4Plus (@lcwizard ) sells racks for his bumpers. I bet he can supply you with something that can be welded onto your Slee.

Post a pic of your sketch.

Here you go.

@davegonz how wide is that lip around the top as you have it modeled up? My original thought was having that on the outside to not get in the way of the clear space, I was trying to keep it as tight on on the long dimension of the Tundra45 to hopefully not block the taillights.

Not trying to hijack, since slightly related. Would you build a rear tire carrier?
Depends on what it looks like. We’re unlikely to best the pricing on what’s available commercially. Fabrication takes time, and time is money.

That said, if it’s unique, it may be worth it.

Also, one LX450 has a tire carrier, and the other has a stock rear bumper. The 92 could use a rear bumper, and I’m going to eventually have to do something for the 55.

@davegonz how wide is that lip around the top as you have it modeled up? My original thought was having that on the outside to not get in the way of the clear space, I was trying to keep it as tight on on the long dimension of the Tundra45 to hopefully not block the taillights.

It's 1" wide. I figured you needed to stiffen up the sides. Also, a Yeti will have a draft on each side (sides angle up) and might give you enough room without interfering with the cooler.

Honestly, I'd contact Dave Gore @lcwizard to see if he can modify one of his baskets to mount to the Slee ladder. I think it would be the path of least resistance and might actually be not too expensive. He give IH8MUD discounts, too. He has a Yeti 45 basket already done. You will then only need to figure out a bracket system.

fj40yeti45basketlarge.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom