Looking for input on tow rig search (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Old and new compressor wheels. The old wheel looks like someone used it to film an episode of the Internet sensation "will it blend". Again, the engine has no blow by to speak of... must be some crap caught in the intercooler.

IMG_20150412_134434.jpg

Wow. That is telling. I've seen wheels like that before. Hard to believe they spin at 60 000 rpm

All back together. No more leaks that I can find. Turbo spools notably faster and I seem to be able to get about 2 more pounds of boost at full jam at moderate rpm in overdrive. No extra boost at full jam in forth winding it out though... I'm happy :)

I'll be headed out to Alberta this weekend with it and the gooseneck. I'll have lots of room if anyone needs parts moved around. Manitoba to Calgary to Red Deer to Edmonton this weekend, back east about a week later.

5 years to the day after finding Chromeo, it's time for an updated search. :doh:

IMG_20190112_100022.jpg

IMG_20190112_092924.jpg

Jeezus man. Hope you’re ok. Be calling soon

Walked away with a few scratches and a bruised ankle. Rough gravel turned to ice as I was slowing for a rail crossing. Down into the ditch a bit short of the tracks, hit the slope of the right of way (and the rails?) sliding sideways with the passenger side leading. Front tire caught (the rail I think), snapped the spindle and flopped me over the tracks. I think it flopped over 180 rather than rolled a time and a half. A supercab doesn't hold up very well when you land on the roof, I wonder if having a B pillar would have helped. I was REALLY lucky to walk away, it didn't seem like I would be able to get out of there on my own at first, the driver's side crushed down quite a bit.

#seatbeltssavelives but being lucky really ****ing helps too

IMG_20190112_100036.jpg

Last edited:
Jebus

Glad you are ok. Should probably grab a new set of gonch too!

Walked away with a few scratches and a bruised ankle. Rough gravel turned to ice as I was slowing for a rail crossing. Down into the ditch a bit short of the tracks, hit the slope of the right of way (and the rails?) sliding sideways with the passenger side leading. Front tire caught (the rail I think), snapped the spindle and flopped me over the tracks. I think it flopped over 180 rather than rolled a time and a half. A supercab doesn't hold up very well when you land on the roof, I wonder if having a B pillar would have helped. I was REALLY lucky to walk away, it didn't seem like I would be able to get out of there on my own at first, the driver's side crushed down quite a bit.

#seatbeltssavelives but being lucky really f***ing helps too

View attachment 1878796

Yikes.

Not to over do it, but this is a bit of an outlet...

Stopped at the scene when I was catching a ride home tonight after finishing the well. Looks like I left to road in exactly the wrong place. 30' or 40' sooner and the snow likely would have slowed me enough that I didn't overturn or maybe even stopped me before the tracks. 15' or 20' further and I might have taken out the cross-bucks, but likely would have stayed flat. Looks like the front tires caught the deeper snow as they dropped into the ditch and spun me further as the back end stayed high, then I imagine the front end launched as it caught the slope and rail with the back end staying low through the turn over.

In my mind I had been picturing going in further back with more speed. Seeing it helps to explain why I have little recollection between realizing I was going to hit the ditch, and being at rest upside down. It must have been a really quick ride.

IMG_20190114_231241.jpg

IMG_20190114_231352.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got a replacement for Chromeo. '99 F250 with 240k. Going back to Manitoba after making its way to Plomondon.
IMG_20190423_205943.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, same crush-happy cab. I'm hoping to keep this one off the road in the winter. Not much has gone on with Spot. Got the shed cleaned up to regain room to work on him, and took him for a quick rip around the yard, but haven't started any work on him yet.

Anyone have suggestions on who offers quality exhaust kits for domestic diesels? Or better off just getting some tubing, pre-bent pieces and muffler and fabbing it myself? This truck has 4" exhaust, but it's well past its prime..

Also, anybody need anything hauled between Edmonton and Western MB? Planning to head out west next week and should have some room both ways in the truck and on the car hauler trailer. Could swing by Gilbert Plains or Moose Jaw or wherever....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom