Looking for help recovering burned FJ45 in Palm Springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

workingdog

GOLD Star
Threads
I bought an FJ45 out of Arizona Friday, it got shipped Saturday and sometime Saturday or Sunday morning it, and the tow rig and trailer, burned near Palm Springs and it's sitting in a tow yard outside of Palm Springs now. I'm going to drive down and try to take possession of it this week and I'm looking for:

1. Set of road tires and wheels that I can put on it so it can get it on and off a trailer (why did I sell my set of stock rims!!!!)
2. I'm prepared to rent a uhaul trailer, but if anyone is willing to loan me a trailer, that would be great.
3. Any kind of a winch that I can use to haul/drag the thing onto the trailer. My winch will be on the other end of the car when needed. I've been told to expect the brakes to be buggered. I've also been told to expect the steering to be buggered.

Thanks
Peter

No, just got this from the insurance company after requesting an update.

"Thank you for the documents you have provided. I have taken a statement from my insured and I am waiting for him to provide what I will need to review as part of my coverage investigation.

I am unable to make any payments until I confirm coverage for the claim. However, if you are unable wait until I complete my investigation you can go ahead and pay out of pocket to get your vehicle released. As long as there is coverage you will be reimbursed for what you pay to get this done."

So, I guess I'll pay the $750 to get it extracted from the trailer and submit the receipt to Progressive.

And now I'm back trying to find someone to haul it, or I have to rent a pickup and trailer and go down myself for $800 plus gas. Hmmmm

Last edited:
Saw the picture on Facebook.

DCBA2789-40E6-41AD-86F1-F5CFC24F9E7B.jpeg

I didn't put it on facebook - who put it on face book!!!?

But who put it up there?? It's not there any more.

Never thought of that for cleaning a old truck, no sand blasting, no stripping, and a nice patina to boot, well done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom