Looking for help/advice in Charlotte area. about to do front axle service (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 96 lx450 206,000 miles has started to make a click(clunk) from the front left when weight shifts, turning, etc. I have bought the Marlin Crawler front axle service kit along with new front bearings. I have read extensively getting ready to do this. Still have a few questions regarding the birf swap.

I would like someone to take a listen to the click and make sure that is what it is (birfs) The side that is clicking is started to leak gear oil all over the place. Sounds like a no brained I know but if I am going to do this I want to make sure I do it right the first time. Not sure if the birfs are to bad to swap...etc.

If anyone is willing to take a 5 minute ride with me let me know. I will meet you wherever, your house=bring you beer, bar=buy you a beer, dont drink?=buy you a lemonade!

I live in the South Charlotte/Lake Wylie area.

Email me at andystrwake@hotmail.com

Thanks, Andy

My 96 lx450 206,000 miles has started to make a click(clunk) from the front left when weight shifts, turning, etc. I have bought the Marlin Crawler front axle service kit along with new front bearings. I have read extensively getting ready to do this. Still have a few questions regarding the birf swap.

I would like someone to take a listen to the click and make sure that is what it is (birfs) The side that is clicking is started to leak gear oil all over the place. Sounds like a no brained I know but if I am going to do this I want to make sure I do it right the first time. Not sure if the birfs are to bad to swap...etc.

If anyone is willing to take a 5 minute ride with me let me know. I will meet you wherever, your house=bring you beer, bar=buy you a beer, dont drink?=buy you a lemonade!

I live in the South Charlotte/Lake Wylie area.

Email me at andystrwake@hotmail.com

Thanks, Andy

Andy cruise up any time is good with you. I am at work for a while tomorrow and at my nephews bday party in the afternoon but if you meet me where I am I don't have a problem with it. Also anytime during the week is good if you meet me. I always have a packed schedule but can squeeze 30mins to an hour out here and there.

Andy cruise up any time is good with you. I am at work for a while tomorrow and at my nephews bday party in the afternoon but if you meet me where I am I don't have a problem with it. Also anytime during the week is good if you meet me. I always have a packed schedule but can squeeze 30mins to an hour out here and there.

Great. Tuesday might be the best day if that works for you? I could do early in the a.m. or after lunch? What ever works for you.

Thanks again!

Great. Tuesday might be the best day if that works for you? I could do early in the a.m. or after lunch? What ever works for you.

Thanks again!

Hmmm actually Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday are pretty much out during work hours, I gots corporate people in town

Hey andy, sorry about having to bail last week. Had some major food posioning going on.

I'm free today if you'd like or sometime during the week again. Next weekend is also cool.

work got busy for me also. Let me look at my schedule for the week and see what days might work for me and you. Thanks again.

Off subject, but I am thinking of seeing if anyone wants to trade out some all terrains for my bf mud terrains. 2 of them are at 80%, and other two are at 25% and the spare is brand new never touched the road. 285 75 16 with the purchase of one tire you could have almost 4 brand new tires, and 2 full sized spares. My friend took back his car I been using as a daily driver and my wife has been driving my cruiser more due to gas mileage. I will post later with some pics on main forum.

Let me know if you know anyone.

work got busy for me also. Let me look at my schedule for the week and see what days might work for me and you. Thanks again.

Off subject, but I am thinking of seeing if anyone wants to trade out some all terrains for my bf mud terrains. 2 of them are at 80%, and other two are at 25% and the spare is brand new never touched the road. 285 75 16 with the purchase of one tire you could have almost 4 brand new tires, and 2 full sized spares. My friend took back his car I been using as a daily driver and my wife has been driving my cruiser more due to gas mileage. I will post later with some pics on main forum.

Let me know if you know anyone.

I could get you a price through my work for them if you'd like... any brand in particular??

How much would one 285 75 16 BFG mud terrain run me? Non km2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom