Looking for good upholstery shop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NMBruce

SILVER Star
Threads
I am looking for a good upholstery shop in the Albuquerque/Santa Fe area to recover the drivers seat of. GX460?

Thanks, but no thanks. I have replaced 6 sets of seats before, still even have hog ring pliers from the 1960, but she wants this done by a good shop. She had it replace by a guy outside of Durango and the seat crack 6 months later, he got a cheap knock off from eBay.

So still looking for a good shop in Albuquerque/Santa Fe area

Thanks, but no thanks. I have replaced 6 sets of seats before, still even have hog ring pliers from the 1960, but she wants this done by a good shop. She had it replace by a guy outside of Durango and the seat crack 6 months later, he got a cheap knock off from eBay.

So still looking for a good shop in Albuquerque/Santa Fe area

Good luck

I did a search, I remember “House of Covers” from back when I went to UNM and worked at Hertz Rent a Car, we used them a lot and they have a good review

I found that getting GX 460 front seats recovered in good quality leather is $2500 installed at House of Covers. Yikes!
I am looking into just cloth seat covers from Dashsaver, 505-255-2111, on Lomas near San Pedro. Under $250. Better. haven't done it yet.
Got a dashcover for my GX, very good fit.
My 2010 GX front seats are cracked. Let me know what you find out.

I found that getting GX 460 front seats recovered in good quality leather is $2500 installed at House of Covers. Yikes!
I am looking into just cloth seat covers from Dashsaver, 505-255-2111, on Lomas near San Pedro. Under $250. Better. haven't done it yet.

Dumb question here but doesn't LX still sell a replacement leather seat cover or is the vehicle too old, by their standards?

I will let you know.
We just need the base of the drivers seat replaced

Dumb question here but doesn't LX still sell a replacement leather seat cover or is the vehicle too old, by their standards?
I do not know

I will let you know.
We just need the base of the drivers seat replaced
That's the only part of my front seat that has tears in the leather. That perforated leather wears out .

I talked with House of Covers today and they think that the seat is covered in Plastic from the picture sent to them, not leather. estimate to repair the drivers seat bottom with all leather will be about $750, so an appointment will get made.

I talked with House of Covers today and they think that the seat is covered in Plastic from the picture sent to them, not leather. estimate to repair the drivers seat bottom with all leather will be about $750, so an appointment will get made.

That's not too bad. Looks like you can get the OEM lower skin from Lexus for around $750.

I will be interested in the results. I may get that done too.

That's not too bad. Looks like you can get the OEM lower skin from Lexus for around $750.

Jeebus, what is it made of - Zebra skin then dipped in baby seal fat? :hmm:

You could just use Saran Wrap...

I will be interested in the results. I may get that done too.
Sorry I didn’t reply.
The finished product looked really, but didn’t last

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

Sorry I didn’t reply.
The finished product looked really, but didn’t last

View attachment 3357155

View attachment 3357156
Was that done at House of Covers??
I ended up having my driver's side seat done by them a couple of months ago and it turned out great. Not the back , only the bottom. i an very happy with the work they did on this seat and on one of my cars too.

Was that done at House of Covers??
I ended up having my driver's side seat done by them a couple of months ago and it turned out great. Not the back , only the bottom. i an very happy with the work they did on this seat and on one of my cars too.
yes it was it looked great until a few months ago, then it started to separate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom