Wanted Looking for FZJ80 in the Southwest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks in advance for any leads.

I'm looking for an FZJ80 and am having a tougher time finding the right one since adding in a new requirement... airbags. I'd love a '93/'94 but this sadly is no longer possible.

I'm based in San Diego, but as far out as Phoenix, Vegas, Santa Barbara etc. can be doable.

Broadly, looking for one that hits a few marks:
  • has airbags
  • good running condition, kept by person/people who cared about it (i.e. reasonably well-kept interior, exterior & very well-kept engine, for the truck's age)
  • head gasket not suspected of imminent blow out (dealt with that before on a road trip, trying to keep it a once in a lifetime experience)
  • less than 180K miles
  • something approximating stock... standard 4x4 mods welcome
Major bonus points:
  • lockers
  • black, white, or something in between
  • fender flares intact
Thanks again in advance for any points in the right direction.

- Zac

Last edited:
Thanks in advance for any leads.

I'm looking for an FZJ80/LX450 and am having a tougher time finding the right one since adding in a new requirement... airbags. I'd love a '93/'94 but this sadly is no longer possible.

I'm based in San Diego, but as far out as Phoenix, Vegas, Santa Barbara can be doable.

Broadly, looking for one that hits a few marks:
  • has airbags
  • good running condition, kept by person/people who cared about it (i.e. reasonably well-kept interior, exterior & very well-kept engine, for the truck's age)
  • head gasket not suspected of imminent blow out (dealt with that before on a trip, trying to keep it a once in a lifetime experience)
  • around 200k miles max, the lower the better
  • something approximating stock... mild lift totally OK, but not going to lie, I am too short to accommodate much more
Major bonus points:
  • lockers
  • black, white, or something in between
  • fender flares intact
Thanks again in advance for any points in the right direction.

- Zac
There are lots of good reasons to go for 95-97 over prior years, however airbags probably aren't one of them. I don't think it'd be smart to count on a 22-24 year old airbag to deploy properly. If the only thing holding you back from 93-94 is the fact that it has no airbags, I'd reconsider.

Thanks for that thought, it’s a great point on the current reliability of the airbags in the 95-97s. First stop then will be a dealership to find out.

Still, it’s got to stay a requirement, at least for the passenger side.

Was lining up a '97, but the seller changed his mind about which car to sell... still looking then, any leads are appreciated.

I have a 95 Black LC with Oak interior...
mild mods (ARB bulbar, snorkel, OME suspension)
Very clean interior (new OEM carpet), lexus leather,...
zero rust (elpaso truck before AZ)
triple locked
Located in Tucson
I can PM you specifics if interested...
cheers
Matt

I have a 96 non locked, pretty much stock. Does have CDL switch, pretty new 265/75/16 muds.
few body bruisers and no rust.
located in Norther NM

I'm in SD and have a rig that meets all of the above criteria. Feel free to reach me at 910-467-6244.

Last edited:
I've got a low mile freshly refreshed, So Cal lifetime, white 1993. I've got two '93s in fact. I'm in Julian if you want to see it.
Scot

IMG_2015.jpg

IMG_5547.jpg

Thanks for posting both. Mighty690 that is a beautiful 93. Only thing is I need the airbags.

Still on the lookout then.

Thanks for posting both. Mighty690 that is a beautiful 93. Only thing is I need the airbags.

Still on the lookout then.
I have a 94 fzj80...no airbags basically stock. Any interest in one without airbags? No lockers. ARB bumper on the front.
Already had the headgasket replaced. Dark green...paint peeling off the hood...ive had the birfs done once...prob needs to be done again.

Last edited:
>Any interest in one without airbags?

Unfortunately for me, no. I’ve passed a number of otherwise great 93/94s.

I have a non-locked 97 that I'll be listing soon, but the mileage is higher than your target (270k). It's Moonglow Pearl (grey), has Slee front and rear bumpers, Slee sliders. 2.5" OME lift, Fuel Anza wheels with 35" Mickey Thompson MTZs, new Land Cruiser Heaven 1st row seat covers + cushions. It also has no factory roof rack and no rear spoiler. PM me if you want to talk further and I'll send you pics + all the details. Also, I noticed you're wanting something mostly stock. If there are add-ons that you don't want, I'm open to removing most accessories and adjusting the price accordingly.

I’ve got a 96 with a good build started listed here with 298K on the body but only about 50K on a full rebuilt 1fze. Finding one with less than 180K miles is the holy Grail. That’s going to be difficult unless you drive around orange county looking for soccer moms. I’m located in Santa Fe New Mexico

The search is more of a lifestyle choice at this point.

@pussywhipped Thanks for checking in. Normally I'd be scared off by the 298K if the miles weren't put on there by me personally, but with the rebuild I'd be interested to learn more/see pictures if you'd send me a note. edit: just saw you're already listed, checking it out.

@txgringo it sounds like a nice one, but the mileage is too far along for me unless most of the insides are rebuilt. Thanks for noting it though, I'll definitely check out your posting.

Got an LX I’m considering, but it’s an LX and my preference is the 80. Updating here in case any 80s have crept up, thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom