SOLD LOOKING FOR FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
LOOKING TO BUY FJ40 1970-1977
MUST HAVE TOP AND DOORS
CASH IN HAND

Good morning,

Slightly outside your year-range... I have a desmogged 1978 Federal Spec FJ40 That I’m considering selling. It’s registered, here in Clark County, asa “Classic Vehicle”, which restricts you to 5000 miles per year.

Registering outside Clark County (but, not in Washoe Couwould allow unlimited mileage.

She has her original 2F engine, original 4 speed transmission and original transfer case.

Her odometer clocks 5,343 miles (so, at least 105,343 miles). Noidea if her odometer has rolled over more than once, or if the 105k is an accurate total mileage.

I’ve had her for 6.5yrs and have driven her ~12-13k miles in that time. Her engine was rebuilt in Aug, 2015, at 95,849 miles. So, her 2F engine has about 6,500 miles and 5 years, since the rebuild.

Her oem Aisin carburetor was rebuilt and performance tuned by a carb expert in Burbank, CA.

I replaced the distributor, coil and igniter with a DUI and she now easily cruises at 65-70mph.

She has the oem main fuel tank and a 20+ gal auxiliary tank, BOSS airbags in the rear, a Viair 350c compressor, under the hood, a Hi-Lift Jack and locking FJMount Hi-Lift Mount, a roof rack (with a wooden box, for spares, and dual 4” PVC “bazookas”, to carry tent poles, etc.), a locking ammo box/tool box on the front bumper, off road LEDs (all 4 sides).

I’ve reached an age (71.5) and encountered health issues that prevent me enjoying her the way I always have. Off road driving and wrenching on her are no longer fun for me. One 2-hour driving trip, or leaning into the engine compartment, for a couple of hours is debilitating. I’m exhausted for 2 days.

I have all of the emissions equipment, except the EGR subsystem (it was gone, when I bought her), but I don’t know what works and what doesn’t.

I also have various spare parts

There are no jump seats and no heaters. I’ve never needed a heater for her and I’ve driven in snow and camped at 5*.

If she’s something that interests you and is within your budget, please send your personal email and I’ll grant you access to a folder on my google drive, with pictures.

Cheers

Danny

In the meantime, here are the 5 picI am allowed to include here:

70FE6386-1A8D-4B45-A53B-C0D52F8D21A7.jpeg

4F559B6C-6208-4914-9507-8A7A20BADD2D.jpeg

FCFB5C60-94AB-4996-92F6-95CCD5236E49.jpeg

2ED1A0CC-9014-4208-A2DF-8B374A50C408.jpeg

C634044B-DBF1-4869-B411-0F245132EF4F.jpeg

Last edited:
Good morning,

Slightly outside your year-range... I have a desmogged 1978 Federal Spec FJ40 That I’m considering selling. It’s registered, here in Clark County, asa “Classic Vehicle”, which restricts you to 5000 miles per year.

Registering outside Clark County (but, not in Washoe Couwould allow unlimited mileage.

I don’t know your price range, but I’m asking $24k.

She has her original 2F engine, original 4 speed transmission and original transfer case.

Her odometer clocks 5,343 miles (so, at least 105,343 miles). Noidea if her odometer has rolled over more than once, or if the 105k is an accurate total mileage.

I’ve had her for 6.5yrs and have driven her ~12-13k miles in that time. Her engine was rebuilt in Aug, 2015, at 95,849 miles. So, her 2F engine has about 6,500 miles and 5 years, since the rebuild.

Her oem Aisin carburetor was rebuilt and performance tuned by a carb expert in Burbank, CA.

I replaced the distributor, coil and igniter with a DUI and she now easily cruises at 65-70mph.

She has the oem main fuel tank and a 20+ gal auxiliary tank, BOSS airbags in the rear, a Viair 350c compressor, under the hood, a Hi-Lift Jack and locking FJMount Hi-Lift Mount, a roof rack (with a wooden box, for spares, and dual 4” PVC “bazookas”, to carry tent poles, etc.), a locking ammo box/tool box on the front bumper, off road LEDs (all 4 sides).

I’ve reached an age (71.5) and encountered health issues that prevent me enjoying her the way I always have. Off road driving and wrenching on her are no longer fun for me. One 2-hour driving trip, or leaning into the engine compartment, for a couple of hours is debilitating. I’m exhausted for 2 days.

I have all of the emissions equipment, except the EGR subsystem (it was gone, when I bought her), but I don’t know what works and what doesn’t.

There are no jump seats and no heaters. I’ve never needed a heater for her and I’ve driven in snow and camped at 5*.

If she’s something that interests you and is within your budget, please send your personal email and I’ll grant you access to a folder on my google drive, with pictures.

Cheers

Danny

View attachment 2425914
View attachment 2425913
View attachment 2425915
View attachment 2425911
View attachment 2425912
Hello there Danny my name is Jaime, this is such a sweet rig! Can I have your Email??
Good morning,

I don’t know your price range, but I’m asking $24k.

Cheers

Danny

View attachment 2425914
View attachment 2425913
View attachment 2425915
View attachment 2425911
View attachment 2425912
jaime.fernandez56@yahoo.com

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Yup, Would not like to see Solace in Solitude leave the 'mud' family. Great pictures and great writing from him. Wait until some of the other Mud members hear he may be selling his rig!!

All these years I've been reading your posts, Danny I can understand why you're doing it. Doesn't make any easier though. More tears! :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

All these years I've been reading your posts, Danny I can understand why you're doing it. Doesn't make any easier though. More tears! :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

It’s not easy for me either... I just can’t do it anymore.

I’m hoping I can recover enough breathing and energy to continue to do some of it, at least, with my Tundra and 20’ travel trailer.

It’s not easy for me either... I just can’t do it anymore.

I’m hoping I can recover enough breathing and energy to continue to do some of it, at least, with my Tundra and 20’ travel trailer.

Sometimes you have to change some things up to keep enjoying life, I hope you stick around the 40 section after you sell your rig Danny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom