looking for fab shop near bolingbrook (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First off. Hello
I am in town from St. Louis.
I am looking for a fab shop that could bend some tube for me.
I am in Lemont working for the rest of the week.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

Get it Chris!
Chris is one of our inherited club members that was banned from the Lone Star group cause he moved to the land of Misery.. He's still trying to get his rig put back together so he can actually wheel..

What's the radius of the die? Chris is needing a shock hoop built. I think his original hoop was 1.25 but 1.5 would work if the radius is tight.. I don't have that small of a die or I'd offer..
Needing a 180+ bend also.. He relocated the springs forward thus his current hoop won't cut it now..

Chris is probaby working a digital feed thought I'd jump in and help the cause..

Thanks for the help Erik.
What he said, I am trying to make a set of shock hoops.
I need to make U shaped hoop and I hear you need a spceial bender to do it.
I need a hoop that is about 12"tall and the weld points to the frame need to be about 8" apart. I have a 60 PS box in the way so I cant use a Ford tower like I had hoped.

Gumby, does the JD2 bender make that kind of a U

I have attached a pic of what I am thinking.

Chris
lame hoop drawing2.JPG

I am working the golf tournement in Lemont. Do you know of a place I can get 1.5" tubing between here and there?

I know I have some really thick stuff, .25 wall. I was going to use it for my four link. I don't know if I have enough thinner wall for two shock towers. I'd have to look. The .25 would be way overkill and will not bend 180 degrees very well.

Northern Illinois steel is in Joliet. They might sell 5-6 feet out the door. A welding place should have some 1 1/2. This area is pretty industrial. There should be quite a few places that would have some.

Thanks Gumby,
I will find some tube and hopefully pick it up in the morning.
If thats the case what would be good for you? I dont have to be in until 1pm and am done everyday about 8:30pm. Same for the weekend as well.

Chris
618-530-8172 cell
630-243-8591 hard line at golf course

I will let you know what I come up with on the tube.
The guy at NI Steel wanted nothing to do with me when I called.
I will keep checking around.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom