Looking for Cruiser shop near Oxnard, CA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking to buy a 80 series in Oxnard, CA but the seller says it has a slight miss so I am trying to find a shop the seller to take it in for a diag/repair before I drive almost 2 hours to look at it. I'm looking for suggestions for a shop that knows these trucks and the common areas that would cause a miss. If I was less than an hour away I'd just go myself and bring my tools but on a good day it's about 2 hours to get there from Long Beach.

It's been quite a while since I've been on here and didn't see the local section anymore, if they are still here mods feel free to move it there.

I'm looking to buy a 80 series in Oxnard, CA but the seller says it has a slight miss so I am trying to find a shop the seller to take it in for a diag/repair before I drive almost 2 hours to look at it. I'm looking for suggestions for a shop that knows these trucks and the common areas that would cause a miss. If I was less than an hour away I'd just go myself and bring my tools but on a good day it's about 2 hours to get there from Long Beach.

It's been quite a while since I've been on here and didn't see the local section anymore, if they are still here mods feel free to move it there.
While not super close, there are good shops on the central coast. Nelson's garage in Morro Bay is one I've heard about. Owned by an 80 enthusiast. I do know there is another up there somewhere, but not sure where. it's worth going to a good shop. I take mine to Stockton (4 hours away) just to make sure its right the first time.

I am a little north of you. I have been bringing all my trucks down to Basil's garage in North SD. He and his crew do great work and have fair prices . They also love 80's

I am a little north of you. I have been bringing all my trucks down to Basil's garage in North SD. He and his crew do great work and have fair prices . They also love 80's
Thanks for the suggestion but I'm hoping to find something close to the seller in Oxnard, that way the miss is taken care of before I drive it almost 2 hours back to Long Beach. Once here I have a garage full of tools to make any further repairs. I still need to find a buyer for my current vehicle so I don't know if I'll even be able to complete this deal.

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm hoping to find something close to the seller in Oxnard, that way the miss is taken care of before I drive it almost 2 hours back to Long Beach. Once here I have a garage full of tools to make any further repairs. I still need to find a buyer for my current vehicle so I don't know if I'll even be able to complete this deal.
I live in Simi, and took my LX450 to K&H Imports in Canoga Park right after purchasing it for a complete run-through. They are a Land Cruiser specialty shop, and would be able to do a PPI. Always a bunch of 80's in their lot.

I am looking for a good shop in the Valencia, CA area, any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom