Looking for Clear Pic of '77 Right/Lower Engine Bay/Firewall Brake Line Routing

My '77 had a severely bent frame and I was able to find a nice '74 frame as a replacement. Now that I'm to the point of installing all the brake lines I'm having a little trouble with hard line routing on the right side of the firewall and the two lines that are coiled right before they enter a junction block. In the attached pic you can see the lines and junction block for the '77. (I think these lines should be behind the clutch line and closer to the fire wall.) There are no mounting holes in the '74 frame for the '77 junction block.

thanks

brake lines.jpg

from a '78 but it should be the same. Had these on my phone. If you need a different angle I can get it later.
Thanks fyton2v. The '77 is slightly different due to the clutch line connection being farther to the right side than the '78. If you could get a shot of the two coiled lines going into the junction block that would be much appreciated.

dg

pb4ugo

SILVER Star
Germaneighter, the 74 would have had the rear brake line going across and down the firewall on the pass side. It would have been coiled just like the disc brake set up then going into a 90° degree fitting pointing to the rear. If you look at your 74 frame you can see the threaded hole in the frame the fitting bolted to.

rghouse

SILVER Star
does anyone know if the 77'/78' is different than 79' in regards to fuel line routing? I cant seem to configure mine and looking for guidance. The 78 pics above (@fyton2v) seem to have the same newer charcoal canister bracket

fyton2v

SILVER Star
Dunno if the '79 is different. Probably not? If you need a specific pic angle let me know. You can always try and see if the connectors on the ends of the line are landing where they should.

Skreddy

SILVER Star
I can get better ones if you need. Easy with the engine out.

I’ve got a 79 here now too if you need any of that.

pb4ugo

SILVER Star
Below is a pic of a 1975 FJ40 that originally had stk 4 wheel drum. I added the 2 line bracket and made the nicop line going to the upgraded frt disc brake axle. I wanted the frt line to be similar to stk for disc. The rear line is original. I must have drilled the frame for the frt 2nd bolt in the bracket. There's a nut on the inside of the frame.
20220428_182936.jpg

Below is a pic of a 1975 FJ40 that originally had stk 4 wheel drum. I added the 2 line bracket and made the nicop line going to the upgraded frt disc brake axle. I wanted the frt line to be similar to stk for disc. The rear line is original. I must have drilled the frame for the frt 2nd bolt in the bracket. There's a nut on the inside of the frame.
Thanks to all. pb4ugo- I'll need to do same, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom