Looking for camping trails (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for some trails with camping spots within 1-2 hours drive from Phoenix that doesn't have snow now or within the next few weeks. I have friend with a new 4Runner that he want to take it camping. Can anyone provide some recommendations? Preferably stocker friendly. Thank you in advance.

Box canyon Florence. Some state trust land, some BLM land. Endless trails, 1hr from Phoenix and no snow. Endless trails. That’s my go to easy winter area

@Rudster has been camping out in Bulldog Canyon lately. Look into Camp Verde, Sedona, Mayer, someone mentioned Bloody Basin, etc.

Zpona

Cave Creek
46F8F023-BADC-47D5-9C16-A0704A5E1129.jpeg

With a nice views of 4peaks and Weaver Needle
80E74E94-9092-4D9D-B3BB-4E8FDA8E0D91.jpeg

If you enter Bulldog from the Usery Pass entrance the trail is about 9 miles long and takes a few hours at least to run it. Its local and you can actually go camping , wheel and still have plenty of gas in your tank left over.

ordered by getting from "more accessible" to "more remote":

Usery Pass campground

Bulldog Canyon

several trails off the general Sycamore/Sugarloaf area

several trails off Camp Creek wash - I suggest to get on FR2096 and explore the spurs off of it

I know a few great spots in the sierra anchas that look at the back of 4peaks and overlooks Roosevelt if you are interested, PM for GPS
I definitely want to explore the Sierra Anchas. I will pm you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom