Looking for an FJ80... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey there,

I am currently in the search for an FJ80 to build up a bit for overlanding. However, I'm a college student with very little money, so I am in the 5,000-7,000 price range. I am fortunate to already own a 75 FJ40, but it's sort of garage kept, and I want something to really mod. If anyone has any suggestions on where to look, or what year to buy, I'd totally appreciate it.

If anyone has a lead for one in the Southern California area, let me know.

Thanks!

Yeah, I’ve searched around there as well as some other car websites. I’m always hoping to find some insane, unrealistic deal, lol

Here's one in CO in your price range. Looks like it has some front fender damage and has a rough interior. But, it looks to be rust free and mechanically in decent shape. The sad truth is that these rigs are going up in value and the days of being able to pick up a decent one for 5K are probably behind us. The 100 series prices are now where 80 series prices used to be. I only see 80 series prices going up in the near future.

1992 fj80 with 239k miles. I will include a new ARB bumper and OME springs for $6k.
Thanks

567960AC-0225-499A-A344-D8F3A649D188.jpeg

Buy Ben's truck. Me, I'd just take the 40 and not bother with any mods. Yes, they get terrible MPG but a heavy, lifted 80 will be just as bad.

I would considering selling my 92 Fj80 to a good home. It's got 131k original miles and has been garage kept it's entire life. I'm third owner and have only done minor work to this point. Collecting parts to build it up and would include in sale. I'm heart broken after selling my 60, so looking to find another...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom