Wanted LOOKING FOR AN EXCELLENT CONDITION HOOD FOR MY FJ40 (1973) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a really good condition 1973+ Hood. I AM LOCATED IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

I have a rust free one that has a crease in the wrong place about 8 inches long that will be a nightmare to fix.

So please show me a nice one LIKE THIS

1591572165246.png

1591572262331.png

I have one but might be too expensive to ship. I had it blasted and primed last year and it is excellent condition. My price is $400. I’ll send pics if interested.
By the way, the hood you have pictured is wrong for a 73. It will obviously work it’s just not correct.

I have one but might be too expensive to ship. I had it blasted and primed last year and it is excellent condition. My price is $400. I’ll send pics if interested.
By the way, the hood you have pictured is wrong for a 73. It will obviously work it’s just not correct.
Just FYI, I paid fastenal to ship a hood to me, takes a little longer, cost a lot less. Greyhound shipping is even cheaper.

I would think Marks off road in Burbank would have a few good hoods
@65swb45

I know I grabbed it from EBay I just didn’t want waste time on split hood offers

The 72 and up are a one piece hood. That being said there are some small differences in years from 72-74 and 75-83 or 84 whatever the year was. The difference is the windshield latches are in a different area.
The red hood is from a 72-74. Notice were the windshield latch is. And the yellow one is a 75 and up. Also notice were the windshield hook is located.
D9925347-D76F-495C-9522-2C16B3B7F4B5.jpeg
FD0AFBE0-116F-412F-8B22-2894858E6E8B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom