Looking For Advice!!! Looking at purchasing this 2013 LX570 but concerned about the rust on the underside. Is this superficial or a dealbreaker? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for all the responses! I'm definitely on the fence. It's strange because the body is immaculate. No bubbling or any indication in the wheel wells or areas that have seams. It does look superficial for the most part, but in picture 4 it appears like the AHC line (i think that's what it is) appears to be corroding where the bracket is supporting it. that is an area that the AHC thread does talk about inspecting for rust. I'll sit on it for a few more days and see how I feel. I would to pay a bit more for a cleaner one but after hearing these comments maybe there won't be a cleaner one.
Remember , you will be driving this in Alberta. Even if you bought a brand new one it would look like this soon enough. Regarding the body work, manufacturers do a lot of hard work to slow rust topside where oweners can see it. The only way the mild steel and iron down below will remain nice in a salty environment is if they galvanized everything. I had a Land Rover with a galvanized replacement chassis and it never corroded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom