Looking for a vacuum transfercase switch. Already posted in classifieds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Roastchestnuts

TLCA #28675 Salt wagon Fj40
Threads
I am looking for the switch that actuates the green 4x4 light on the dash of an early fj40. Looks like the picture. It would be bolted on at the top of the vaccum actuator. I dropped the one I I just bought and all of the contacts and the old plastic crumbled and fell out. View attachment 3248154
DSC_0958.jpg

Last edited:
I am looking for the switch that actuates the green 4x4 light on the dash of an early fj40. Looks like the picture. It would be bolted on at the top of the vaccum actuator. I dropped the one I I just bought and all of the contacts and the old plastic crumbled and fell out. View attachment 3248154View attachment 3248215
While not my preferred vendor by any means, when all other sources failed, I believe that I picked one of these up from Cruiserparts.net.
Good luck.

While not my preferred vendor by any means, when all other sources failed, I believe that I picked one of these up from Cruiserparts.net.
Good luck.
You are probably right! I am going to wait and see if anybody chimes but thats not a bad idea. I am kinda annoyed that I am buying another. I bought the one that broke from spector (too much money spent on it). It was just brittle and I should have epoxied it or something. ]

Stoked I made the dash linkage/vacuum stuff work though! Thanks for that!

I am looking for the switch that actuates the green 4x4 light on the dash of an early fj40. Looks like the picture. It would be bolted on at the top of the vaccum actuator. I dropped the one I I just bought and all of the contacts and the old plastic crumbled and fell out. View attachment 3248154View attachment 3248215

I did the same thing and was able to resolder the connections -it's a pretty simplistic switch. But check with Marks offroad (@65swb45)

I have a few. I would prefer to sell them to people who are placing larger orders.😉

I have a few. I would prefer to sell them to people who are placing larger orders.😉
Thanks I guess. I dont need anything else at the moment but if I do Ill let you know.
I did the same thing and was able to resolder the connections -it's a pretty simplistic switch. But check with Marks offroad (@65swb45)
yeah unfortunately I when I dropped it one of the internal parts went shooting off somewhere and I cant find it.

The one in my 70 FJ40 wasn't working. Plunger was stuck but was easy to fix.
View attachment 3248580
There was issues at the other end that were beyond epoxy fixing.
View attachment 3248581
I would have tried to fix mine but the little contacts that sit in side shot off some place. I was was about to bolt it in and I dropped it. I guess I could try and make new ones if all else fails and I cant find a replacement. Thanks for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom