Wanted looking for a swb 45 bed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Starting to look now for a bed.I dont own the fj45 yet but its only a matter of time.Will consider all .I'm in the north east.:)

I think there is a difference in beds for removable top and non removable top

What's you budget? There's a guy in VT who can build you a very nice one.

Any idea what the difference is (fixed/removable top)? I did find some guys in New Hampshire making a what looks to be a great alloy bed,depends on what price I pick up the fj45. Thanks!

Any idea what the difference is (fixed/removable top)? I did find some guys in New Hampshire making a what looks to be a great alloy bed,depends on what price I pick up the fj45. Thanks!

it had to do with the radius of the corners of the bed. I think the radius of the removable top is almost identical to a 40 series rear corner.
the non-removable top bed had a much tighter radius

pics were posted a few years ago maybe someone can post some up

They guy they are talking about in Vermont is Wally Moses. He was the one that built my 45 Long bed. He shortened it as per my specs. He does great work. You can see the bed here https://forum.ih8mud.com/ma-nh-yankee-toys/208556-make-my-bed-2.html

I think that he said he had a swb at one point when we were talking so maybe you could see if he has a used one.

Your bed looks sweet! I'll look in to it . I'm picking up my new 64 fixed top swb fj45 this week end.only been sitting about a year and a half(sence it last ran).Its been in the woods of CT for the last 10.Still in decent shape.I'll post pics soon and introduce myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom