Looking for a rescue crew (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ElPolloBlanco

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
instagram.com
Hey guys, I had a bad day up on Bald yesterday that lead to me having to be rescued and leaving my rig behind with some sheared knuckle studs. I just ordered a new stud kit from Joey with rushed shipping. I'm hoping to go back up on Saturday 2/26 to rescue the rig. If anyone is down to see the nature of my terrible screw up, I'll be covering Gas, Food, and Beer. If you're interested send me a message and I'll give you my phone number. Plan is to get it fixed enough to get it off the trail and my buddy is gonna put it on his trailer to bring it down to Hanford.

Hey Daniel,

I might be able to help out and actually have the spare parts in my rig if needed. I'll text you with the details of the plans I already have.

Good Luck Dan,
I would have liked to join you guys,
but still recovering from 2nd back surgery.
Post up with the story when you guys get back.

Hey Jim, your back would not have been happy with all the winch line we had to pull to get the Jeep up the hill.
This thread Removing broken knuckle studs...On a snow covered trail - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/removing-broken-knuckle-studs-on-a-snow-covered-trail.1277714/ has more of the story though there is still some yet to be told.

Essentially, it took about 4 hours of wheeling to get to Daniel's Land Cruiser then only about 40 minutes to get it fixed. It wheeled fine all the way back to the trailer, all except for the deep snow it was originally stuck in.

Thanks Don, big production up there.
Fun, experience, work, cold, glad everyone got out OK.

PS, how is that colman stove I sold you working out.

Oh yeah, it has worked great every time I use it. I also have a big 3-burner propane unit mounted to my trailer that I take most of the time...