Looking for a new 2 grove crank pully (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The bottom side, not the screw-on side, of the oil filter also looks bent. I'm pretty sure that is just the fish-eye lens on the steering shaft. The shaft has a weld, but the rag joint will show if it is a bit out of axis, and it will compensate for it as well.

its just the fish eyed lens
984A0E5D-739E-428A-9C58-126AC91923FE.jpeg
C82F0EEA-C812-4746-9106-93426C1EF316.jpeg
17C6C69A-43EF-4B3E-AABC-30692594A108.jpeg
5C552399-A714-4FE1-A00D-DB7A185D04B9.jpeg
30534489-E713-4310-9121-55192CB149B0.jpeg

i need help with my pulley problem the wp has something behind it that i've tried to remove but i can't because behind it it has a different bolt lay out than the wp and the ps pump can be moved back so thats not a really big deal

Last edited:
@3_puppies is trying to be helpful. And in this case, he’s got better eyes than me. I noticed the tstat housing right away, but missed the WP. It looks to have a funky spacer on the back of it an OE pump never would have had. If so, that would be a considerable part of your clearance issue.

Are you planning to run a dual groove water pump pulley as well? That is the ‘preferred’ method.

Hth

Mark

www.marksoffroad.net

Mark is correct, I may not be as tactful in my typing, but we are here to help.

in my opinion, what you need to do is to remove the waterpump and go back to a stock pump, that will put the waterpump back into alignment with the crank and alternator. In going back to a stock waterpump the current 1 groove pulley should/may work correctly.
Then the PS pump mount would need to be re-worked into alignment. The current pump mount does not look adjustable, so even if you end up with 2 belts you'll need to be able to tighten the belt on the pump. Georg makes a pump mount that comes off the motor mount but I think it may interfer with the current steering shaft.

Short version, go back to OEM pump and re-work the pump mount and use 1 belt to get everything working. use the alternator to tighten the belt.

I don't know much about power steering, much less with an F. However, my guess is that the water pump can't be on an adapter plate without asking for making this overly complicated.

For months, I tinkered with an engine bay without the front bib, or radiator frame bolted on, then at night I'd hang it on loose screws on the aprons, so the non-running Cruiser wouldn't create noise from the neighbors. So, my suggestion is to drain the block, pull the radiator, and start a search, and specific thread for F engines with power steering.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom