Wanted Looking for a LC 200 diesel preferred. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Could be wrong, but pretty sure that Toyota only offers the 200 with the 3UR-FE in NA. Your only option for a diesel here is Dieseltoys. They offer a 1VD conversion, but that'll set you back about $40k USD. If you've got the scratch though, by all means do that. Not sure what emissions regs are like in BC so think about that too.

Thanks for the info , it seems that there is no logic of this conversion to 40K. usd. I must look for the gas models. I must also learn more about the emission regs in here. I was wondering why there are so many gas engines here instead of diesel and saving money.There are no Land cruisers in Canada and many LX570. To be honest I like the vision of the Land cruisers more .They seem like really tough ,especially compared to the new models of LX570.

Like my screenname says, I really do want a 1VD Cruiser. But I have nowhere near the amount of money needed to make that happen. Best of luck to you in your search.

@urfi, if you're in Canada for a while, I believe you will be able to buy a diesel 200 series in 2022--while in the U.S. vehicles have to be 25 years old to be exempt from emissions/safety standards, in Canada, I believe that limit is only 15 years. So right now you should be able to buy JDM or ROW 100 series trucks up to 2003 or so model year, but will have to wait another 5 years before 200 series trucks are old enough to allow for an economical diesel option. I know of a couple outfits in the US that specialize in >25 year old vehicle imports, but am not sure who does this in Canada, although I'll bet someone's doing it. Helps if you don't mind having right-hand drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom