Wanted Looking for a late 60 or 62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have been searching on my own and with the help of some awesome MUD members but I thought I would put this out to a larger audience:

Looking for a solid late '85-87 60 or a 62.

Criteria: (in order of importance):
  • Rust free/accident-free
  • Location - Colorado/Texas and west
  • Original paint in great condition or professional glass out paint job
  • Continuum of service records or the ability to do a PPI
  • Gray interior
  • Mostly stock (OK with a lift, aftermarket interior, deleted)
  • MUD history is a plus!
  • Sub 200K on the clock
I am not going to put a price range cause I'll entertain anything that fits the above. I'm hoping this will bring some out of the woodwork!

Last edited:
You’re looking for a leprechaun riding a unicorn man... they’re out there, but there’s not a lot. Have you looked at the offerings by Corsetti Cruisers out of SoCal? He has some reasonably priced cruisers that may meet most of your criteria

You’re looking for a leprechaun riding a unicorn man... they’re out there, but there’s not a lot. Have you looked at the offerings by Corsetti Cruisers out of SoCal? He has some reasonably priced cruisers that may meet most of your criteria

I just looked at his website. The blue FJ60 is nice and low mileage truck. But where are the records to justify the mileage line.
Paint,stripes,blue plates and gold cading of the some bits. I don’t see where the $41k is justified. And called a full restoration.
What’s considerered a full restoration?

I just looked at his website. The blue FJ60 is nice and low mileage truck. But where are the records to justify the mileage line.
Paint,stripes,blue plates and gold cading of the some bits. I don’t see where the $41k is justified. And called a full restoration.
What’s considerered a full restoration?

I’m not exactly sure what kind of records he has on his cruisers. I imagine done have them, while others don’t. But he was featured on Jay’s Garage, so that’s where the extra premium comes from. You gotta pay a little more for bragging rights 🤣

Yeah bragging your on Jay Leno does not impress me .
I have watched those episodes and I found nothing informative. Just Jay asking questions then Jay replying to his own questions. Then Corsettti agreeing with them.
It was nice to see pretty cruisers on there.
Someone needs to learn exactly what he has and answer with more in-depth answers.
Installing OME suspension and shocks with KO two’s is not anything new.
Counting the lug nuts on the fire truck proved a lot. I can go on.
Cheers

You may be right. Perhaps my standards are too high. I will clarify, I'm not against undercarriage surface rust that can be managed with a wire brush and some POR. I'm not even against minimal body rust in the typical A-pillars and pinch welds. I'm also not against rust prevention like resealing drip lines. Also, paint doesn't have t be perfect. I appreciate the patina and I'm skilled at bringing old paint back to life. This is not my first "old" car rodeo.

Corsetti is not my cup of tea. I've known about him for a while and as Jorge mentioned, there is nothing special there besides some lower mile examples. A lift, some tires and detailing does not justify $30K +. Like I've heard many times, owning a Land Cruiser is never a bad idea, paying too much for one is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom