Looking for a knowledgeable exhaust shop in SW Colorado (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Having same experience with a muffler exhaust shop in Wyoming, they go cross eyed when ask to build a system for my 91 80. If it was a 68 Camaro no problem!
Interested in knowing of a Colorado shop that would work on a Landcruiser.
bit of a hike for you, but aaa performance muffler in englewood, bud's mufflers in boulder and exhuast pros in commerce city are all good shops around the denver area

Remember right now there is lots of talk making westernslope or all of Colorado emissions , I would leave the cat, I hate how mine sounds with no cats. When I get around to it someday I’ll put one back in.
Had the same issue, all it needed was a resonator - now it purrs

Here my Yukon I just finished up. Speed Engineering headers JetHot coated, welded in V band clamps and Flowmaster cats which were extremely tight. This is why I do my own work, nobody short of a full custom high end shop would even attempt squeezing in something like this. Tied into factory system, then mufflers welded in to factory 3.5" single pipe.

View attachment 1957757

View attachment 1957758

View attachment 1957759

View attachment 1957760
Nice! Thanks for posting- maybe one day I'll be able to tackle something like that!

Nice! Thanks for posting- maybe one day I'll be able to tackle something like that!
It all starts with buying the welder, you will find stuff to practice on! I've had mine for over 10 years now (HD Lincoln up to 5/16") and it was still my best investment. One of these days I'll take a class to make my beads look better, but for now I know they are strong at least.

OK, next question up for debate:
:flipoff2:
Since I'm having exhaust work done, has anyone used the DEI Titanium exhaust wrap? Just thinking about trying to mitigate the heat that the 3FE generates under the hood... If the consensus is that it makes a noticeable difference, then it sounds like $100 or so well spent.

OK, next question up for debate:
:flipoff2:
Since I'm having exhaust work done, has anyone used the DEI Titanium exhaust wrap? Just thinking about trying to mitigate the heat that the 3FE generates under the hood... If the consensus is that it makes a noticeable difference, then it sounds like $100 or so well spent.

Usually it just traps dirt and water and rots your exhaust.

yup....i've had it rot headers in right in half. only thing that i have that has exhaust tape now is my ironhead and only because of the proximity of my flesh to the pipe

OK- Scrap that (bad) idea! :doh:
Thanks for the insight.

Yea like others said it usually not a good idea on mild steel or coated parts. It can be done in small pieces if you just need to block heat. My crossover pipe goes really close to the transmission pan so I plan to wrap just a small section so i dont have a fluid heater.

Also found a couple pics of the 3.5" single exhaust I did on my Camaro. Hard to get good shots under there! Not sure I have any of the 80 exhaust I did but its rusted now since I used mild steel but the new one I'm about to do will be stainless so I'll post those up when its done, hopefully before summer is over!

ss_ex1.jpg

ss_ex2.jpg

Yea like others said it usually not a good idea on mild steel or coated parts. It can be done in small pieces if you just need to block heat. My crossover pipe goes really close to the transmission pan so I plan to wrap just a small section so i dont have a fluid heater.

Also found a couple pics of the 3.5" single exhaust I did on my Camaro. Hard to get good shots under there! Not sure I have any of the 80 exhaust I did but its rusted now since I used mild steel but the new one I'm about to do will be stainless so I'll post those up when its done, hopefully before summer is over!

View attachment 1960022

View attachment 1960023
What? The Camaro has no clearance?!?! HUH, imagine that! Looks pretty good- thx for sharing.
Cheers!

Update:
Spent last weekend with the family in Pagosa Springs... First time visit. Nice to check it out before full-blown tourist season kicks in.

Dropped 'Sheila' off with Justin at HIGH COUNTRY CRUISERS; just waiting for the phone call to say the exhaust is done! Amazingly, the rig got 17.3 MPG going over there from Ridgway- my wife must know how to stroke her right! :doh:
Anyway- what a cool shop and a great guy- polite, good communication & attitude, genuinely customer service driven. Nice rigs in various stages of work- including V8 swap/conversions. I'll remember to get some pictures to post when I pick up our truck. Was able to see the extensive work done these other trucks so, I have great confidence in their work! I would highly recommend them for any custom or restoration work!
Stay tuned...

Sheila is back home, and I could not be happier with the work performed by Jason at HIGH COUNTRY CRUISERS in Pagosa Springs! High quality workmanship and attitude! Seriously, if you need work done to your rig that is beyond your abilities for whatever reason, I have to say that this is your guy. Went ahead with the CAT delete and full replacement from exhaust manifold to tail pipe.

IMG_3492.JPG

IMG_3490.JPG

IMG_3491.JPG

...And a few rigs at the shop: Everything from full restoration work to custom work. I also scored a DS 2nd row seat that was missing when we bought our rig- BONUS!! :clap: I have not driven her yet, but my wife got out of the rig with a big smile on her face! Life is good...

IMG_3498.JPG

IMG_3499.JPG

IMG_3500.JPG

IMG_3501.JPG

So, for anyone curious...
Now that I had a chance to drive the rig;
The shifting and power band has smoothed out and is better than ever! The new O2 sensors (big gaps in the mounting flanges, & rusted out by roughly 1/4") and cat delete/new exhaust has been exactly what the old girl needed. I'm really blown away with how integrated the systems of these rigs are- I never expected the exhaust system to have such an effect on the overall performance of the car when in operation! FWIW, in my humble opinion, take care of that rusty exhaust system during baseline wrenching- it is worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom