Looking for a JDM tire Carrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Long time troll, first thread ever...

Took my LX up into the snow for memorial day and a run-a-way dodge managed to clip my poor truck right on the right rear taillight area with his door. minimal damage to mine, but his driverside door got folded back to the front tire. Anyways since i am going to have to repair that side, i thought i might kill two birds with one stone and look into getting a rear tire carrier.

So if anyone has one laying around, preferrably in the NW, or knows someone who does, please let me know

Thanks

Well, when its in the body shop would be the time to install it, since there is a bunch of extra bracing in the rear corner of the 1/4 panel that will have to be welded in. Also some in the tailgate for the latch.

Check with G&S Cruiser Parts, they might have one for you.

I saw a link either yesterday or today for a used cruiser parts outfit that had some available. I tried to find the link, but I struck out. I will try to find it in the morning when I can check my history from yesterday.

Well, when its in the body shop would be the time to install it, since there is a bunch of extra bracing in the rear corner of the 1/4 panel that will have to be welded in. Also some in the tailgate for the latch.

Check with G&S Cruiser Parts, they might have one for you.

this may sound dumb, but do i have to dial a country code for canada, and or what is it? lol guess ive never had a reason to call out of country

I have a JDM carrier with rear gate latch plate and upper gate "cushion". The only problem is the tubing near the lower hinge is rusted through. It could be sleeved and welded though. No internal bracing, and no other hardware. I'm in central Canada.

Here's a photo of where it's rusted through:

I looked up the rear pillar part number for a jdm cruiser one time and it was the same part number for the Lexus pillar. Not sure if the part numbers cross over but it's worth a shot.

Also check with mustang connection. They might cut the factory bracket off the pillar for you. Make sure you tell them you need the upper bracket cut out. The lower bracket just unbolts. I did a write up on my build thread too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom