looking for a indicator stalk and maybe some other bits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I shared a link to this thread on our RMLCA mailing list - maybe someone can help

Trying to get my son back up and running for Tuesday and was wondering if any of the local Calgary guys have a parts truck with an indicator stalk for a '77 (pre-9/77). Thanks!
I may have one. The problem is I don't know if it is pre or post 77. Is the difference just the pigtail or is it more fundamental than that? The detents work but the plastic end bit of the stalk is broken off. You might be able to rebuild it with some plastic weld. It is otherwise intact. I haven't verified it electrically. I'll post a picture next

Here it is

FJ40 turn indicator switch.jpg

That is just the part I need, if it were of the earlier style - pre-9/77 had a 4 and 6 pigtail, but a different wiring configuration as well - I have jury rigged the one I have from my 78 in for now, just no highbeams - works until I can find the right one. Thanks very much for posting though, I appreciate it!

No problem. If you still have the original one, my experience is that they are highly rebuildable and usually just need the contacts, cleaned or recoated and the springs tweaked