Looking for a good indi Wrench in Maine. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's sad to hear 😂
Have you tried Lexus dealers? They may know more given that most LXs have AHCs.
But I wouldn't be surprised if Lexus charges even more than Toyotas.
Yes, The local lexus dealer was actually involved with the inquiry at my toyota dealer. The toyota service writer called the lexus dealer to ask about the procedure and the lexus service writer said “we only look at the AHC if there is a problem”... I was like, “you’ve got to be ****ing kidding me”!?
Here are the two quoted responses fron the toyota service Dept.
1st email,
-
AHC Service: Not recommended by the Lexus dealer when we called
2nd email
-
Hey Corey I just called over to the Lexus dealer in Portland pretending to be a new owner of this vehicle. They told me that it's a big job and that they don't do many of them. They don't recommend having the service done unless there is a known problem and you would get a warning light if there was an issue. I asked them if they have a price estimate on a job like that and he said that they wouldn't be able to do a price estimate without seeing it first and diagnosing it as having that problem. That being said I unfortunately don't have a price estimate or anything like that for you to have that done. and they really enforced that if your not having a problem with it to not mess with it. Sorry I couldn't give you an estimate on that.

Last edited:
@suprarx7nut
Hi suprarx7nut:

It's great to know your shop is offering AHC service 😍 .
Could you please let us know if your shop only checks the proper functionality or also do maintenance (fluid flush etc.) and/or repair on AHCs?

suprarx7nut said:
We're starting to offer AHC service at Air Down Gear Up, but sadly we're a couple thousand miles away. A few folks have taken the YotaMD cheat sheet into shops to help willing mechanics. It's not really complicated, just have to find someone that wants to learn the basics.

Yes, The local lexus dealer was actually involved with the inquiry at my toyota dealer. The toyota service writer called the lexus dealer to ask about the procedure and the lexus service writer said “we only look at the AHC if there is a problem”... I was like, “you’ve got to be f***ing kidding me”!?
Here are the two quoted responses fron the toyota service Dept.
1st email,
-

2nd email
-
Unreal. Yet, unsurprising.
@suprarx7nut
Hi suprarx7nut:

It's great to know your shop is offering AHC service 😍 .
Could you please let us know if your shop only checks the proper functionality or also do maintenance (fluid flush etc.) and/or repair on AHCs?
We plan to offer checkups, t bar adjustment, fluid flushes, bleeding, globe replacement. Perhaps rear spring swaps and pump replacements as well. It's all very fluid so anything is game, haha. We might offer a discounted checkup, or services for ADGU SS1 owners, but hourly rates otherwise would be in line with or more than specialty shops. Expect $175-200/ hour.

Pm for email if you'd like to come by the shop in Frederick.

Info@airdowngearup.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom