Looking for a good indi Wrench in Maine. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Evening Fellas, I’m curious if there are any reputable Indi wrenches in Maine that may be able to baseline our 03 LX470 AHC. All is functioning currently but I know it is due for a pressure/ride height, and general once over. We have some weeping from both front actuator/dampers. Thanks for any and all suggestions.
ps, being somewhat familiar with whats needed I appreciate how strait forward and uncomplicated the procedures are; I do not however have the time to do the service, thus my inquiry.
Thanks.

There's Archie's offroad in Wells. Otherwise you could always check out Mainline Overland in NH. Not sure where you are, but those both may be far.

There's Archie's offroad in Wells. Otherwise you could always check out Mainline Overland in NH. Not sure where you are, but those both may be far.
Thanks, I’ve been to Archie’s a few times in the last 30 years. Didnt know they specialized in 100s? I’m up in Midcoast, Damariscotta.

Thanks, I’ve been to Archie’s a few times in the last 30 years. Didnt know they specialized in 100s? I’m up in Midcoast, Damariscotta.

I mean probably more specializing in Jeeps, but they do everything.

I honestly am not sure. Down by me in taxachussetts there's a shop that specializes in Landcruisers and Rovers. BDR automotive in Holliston. But that's ridiculously far from you. Might want to try mainline overland in NH.

Ok, yeah I’m looking for someone to baseline the AHC. Dont want to hand it over to anyone who’s not intimately familiar.

IMHO, best to invest in the resources to DIY. I'm of the opinion that most shops just aren't well versed on AHC, maybe your research will prove different.

Super easy to do yourself. Socket, fluid, techstream or something that can read pressures

@suprarx7nut made a great video compressing all this knowledge and cheat sheet, link below. There are some great threads here on the topic that go into depth on AHC.

Last edited:
Evening Fellas, I’m curious if there are any reputable Indi wrenches in Maine that may be able to baseline our 03 LX470 AHC. All is functioning currently but I know it is due for a pressure/ride height, and general once over. We have some weeping from both front actuator/dampers. Thanks for any and all suggestions.
ps, being somewhat familiar with whats needed I appreciate how strait forward and uncomplicated the procedures are; I do not however have the time to do the service, thus my inquiry.
Thanks.

Ok, yeah I’m looking for someone to baseline the AHC. Dont want to hand it over to anyone who’s not intimately familiar.
I think you're on the right track. Honestly, I would actively avoid off road shops. They're just more likely to push you into a lift kit unless they're unusually familiar with AHC.

Even most dealers are clueless, so it's really a trick to find someone, unfortunately.

We're starting to offer AHC service at Air Down Gear Up, but sadly we're a couple thousand miles away. A few folks have taken the YotaMD cheat sheet into shops to help willing mechanics. It's not really complicated, just have to find someone that wants to learn the basics.

I think you're on the right track. Honestly, I would actively avoid off road shops. They're just more likely to push you into a lift kit unless they're unusually familiar with AHC.

Even most dealers are clueless, so it's really a trick to find someone, unfortunately.

We're starting to offer AHC service at Air Down Gear Up, but sadly we're a couple thousand miles away. A few folks have taken the YotaMD cheat sheet into shops to help willing mechanics. It's not really complicated, just have to find someone that wants to learn the basics.
I did order the mini VCI tether for techstream and I saved a thread where a OBDII reader was discussed that’d display the values as well. I can do it, I’m an engineer but like everyone else these days I literally have ZERO time. I work a two weeks on two weeks off schedule shipping out. When I’m home I subcontract with my brother in law building houses, juggle my girlfriend, her son, jeeping, power boating, and renovating our current house. I would rather establish a maintenance baseline and continue the future work myself. Thats just how is going to go.

Is it worth it to send the truck to Toyota dealership for a once over of the AHC making sure they function as expected, and then do future maintenance DIY?

Is it worth it to send the truck to Toyota dealership for a once over of the AHC making sure they function as expected, and then do future maintenance DIY?
You’d think, but I was flabbergasted that my local dealer looked at me like I was an alien and proceeded to tell me they pretty much know nothing about the AHC.. I mean through several emails with the service writer I was blown away with their ignorance. To put it mildly....

Which is why most change fluids and adjust pressures as a DIY. Well documented that most dealerships don't know AHC 😉

Most are busy, it's just a matter of what's a priority.

You’d think, but I was flabbergasted that my local dealer looked at me like I was an alien and proceeded to tell me they pretty much know nothing about the AHC.. I mean through several emails with the service writer I was blown away with their ignorance. To put it mildly....
That's sad to hear 😂
Have you tried Lexus dealers? They may know more given that most LXs have AHCs.
But I wouldn't be surprised if Lexus charges even more than Toyotas.

I did order the mini VCI tether for techstream and I saved a thread where a OBDII reader was discussed that’d display the values as well. I can do it, I’m an engineer but like everyone else these days I literally have ZERO time. I work a two weeks on two weeks off schedule shipping out. When I’m home I subcontract with my brother in law building houses, juggle my girlfriend, her son, jeeping, power boating, and renovating our current house. I would rather establish a maintenance baseline and continue the future work myself. Thats just how is going to go.
I understand being busy. It's fine to outsource the work, just have to find someone that already knows the system or is willing to learn it. Either one seems to be harder than it should be.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom