1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a good buzz

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Red Herring, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Red Herring

Red Herring

Media:
    Albums:
    So... I recently inherited an electric razor from my father in law... I historically have not had any luck using them, as my beard is heavy, and I tend to burn them out fairly quickly. So, I have not used one since i was a teen, but now that i have my father in laws, i must say, i like it! Way gentler on the face than the blades, shaves fairly well, and is reasonably quick. Makes me think that I might want to spend some $$ on a good one... which brings me to my question to all you grisley heavy bearded fellas... which one to get? I got 2 from the old man, a remington foil... close shave, a little too close occasionally, and a philishave. Slower, but still close, and somewhat more comfy.

What do you all reccomend?

2. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    Braun, that is what I used, never liked an electrics untill I got the Braun, been using it for 3 years, I replaced the foil/blades yearly(for about $20)

3. Cruisin'Carolina

Cruisin'Carolina

I am too. :eek: But I wasn't expecting this to be another shaving thread!! ;)

4. NMuzj100

NMuzj100

I get 10Am shadow and hate shaving with a passion. I like my Norelco (Braun OK but the foils tended to yank my hair out rather than cut- this was 5+ years ago). You really have to get at least the $100 models and replace the blades every year or so. Pay extra to get a model that is able to be used corded and cordless. Cordless for the car or trip ect.. corded for when you let the charge go dead and really need to shave for work.

5. tea LC

tea LC

i've used most of the major brands and think the Braun 8595 is the best yet. pricey but closest/cleanest shave IMO.

6. gorister

gorister

Shaving is a lost art. Now instead of fathers passing the art to the sons it looks like father-in-laws are passing electric razors on to their son-in-laws.

Dont get an electric...instead take that 100 dollars and by a nice shaving set.

Get a badger hair shaving brush...a nice shaving mug...and some nice english shaving soap and give yourself a great wet-shave every morning.

Get a nice razor as well...even a straight blade if you are comfortable using one and I guarantee you the best shave of your life. Well worth the extra time.

Just my .02 cents.

I know not everyone has the extra time to spend shaving...but if you can wake up just a few minutes earlier then it is fully worth it. Softest shave ever.

7. mabrodis

mabrodis

In highschool I had the Norelco lift & rip system, that was fine if you shaved everyday, however I rarely did...so face was all scruffy when I would shave and with that Norelco it was just plain painful. I've thought about getting a good electric one (Braun or something which always seemed better than the Norelcos to me), but a razor is so much faster...