Looking for a Generic Tailgate window channel source (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey team,

I'm looking for an online supplier of generic flocked rubber window channel for the tailgate and the window surround in the body. I know Slo Cruiser has them, but at this stage of the game I just want something to get back on the road that seals and means the glass isn't rattling on steel. I've done a search and the part numbers I tried didn't seem to work anymore.

Any help is appreciated.

Have you tried clark rubber with a sample? You may find something that comes close... i remember sourcing baily channel for my bj42 from them

Yeah, got some from there yesterday . Its good for width, but not depth. Trying to avoid having a packer on the back of it.

Most people I know who have used Rare Spares 40 series gear have eventually ripped it out for genuine, you must have been lucky.
Sneaky, I have had the rare spares rubber for 15 years but just starting to install it. The “Door Seal and Door Belt outer both seem good fit and quality. The door inner runs do not have felt and window seems to drag and bind when raising/lowering. Time will tell how long it all lasts one starts getting UV.

@n2666s ask this guy he had some made! He may be able to help
IIRC wefco made a run of 100 ft several years ago but mine are all used up and all the rest went to other piggies in need; might need a sample of 1 inch more or less the see if they can make up another batch :)

I ordered this from Steele Rubber Products as Slo is out, it just arrived yesterday. The run channel needs to be trimmed so you are left with a "U". I have done this and it tucks in nicely. This leaves a 9/16" run. I don't have my glass yet, coming in two weeks, but it will be 3/16" glass. I had planned on trimming the extrusion rubber to meet the flocked, but am now thinking if I put it in behind the flocked, it would bring the run down to just under 6/16 or 3/8 which hopefully will be snug enough on the window without binding. I will post this to my build thread in a week or so once the glass comes in.

20210119_095938.jpg

ItemQuantityPriceTotal
Side Window Run Channel

Side Window Run Channel

Part #:70-1169-130
Description:Side window run channel is pre-flocked to help eliminate rattle, provides a smooth sliding surface, and works to protect the glass. Available by the foot.
7 $11.39 $79.73
11/16 Dense Rubber Extrusion

11/16" Dense Rubber Extrusion

Part #:70-0077-99
Description:High quality dense rubber seal, for a variety of uses. Available by the foot.
14 $6.39 $89.46

I ordered this from Steele Rubber Products as Slo is out, it just arrived yesterday. The run channel needs to be trimmed so you are left with a "U". I have done this and it tucks in nicely. This leaves a 9/16" run. I don't have my glass yet, coming in two weeks, but it will be 3/16" glass. I had planned on trimming the extrusion rubber to meet the flocked, but am now thinking if I put it in behind the flocked, it would bring the run down to just under 6/16 or 3/8 which hopefully will be snug enough on the window without binding. I will post this to my build thread in a week or so once the glass comes in.

View attachment 2559218

ItemQuantityPriceTotal
Side Window Run Channel

Side Window Run Channel

Part #:70-1169-130
Description:Side window run channel is pre-flocked to help eliminate rattle, provides a smooth sliding surface, and works to protect the glass. Available by the foot.
7 $11.39 $79.73
11/16 Dense Rubber Extrusion

11/16" Dense Rubber Extrusion

Part #:70-0077-99
Description:High quality dense rubber seal, for a variety of uses. Available by the foot.
14 $6.39 $89.46
looking good and the flocking is a great thing to keep the window from binding!; let us know how things work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom