looking for a fuel cell (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
as the thread says...looking for a used fuel cell for my 40 project, i want to re-locate the tank to behind the seats and i would rather not make up my own. just more work...something in the 60-70 L size will consider anything but would prefer in that ballpark to keep the range of the truck about the same

Last edited:
hey guys, thanks for the help, i had looked into summit racing and also check out JB auto group, about $230ish from JB and $160USD from Summit there was also another guy who offered to make me one for $600 but..i was just trying to avoid another project/thing to do is all, its just going to be temperary till i propane it so ill just suck it up and weld 'er up myself oh well, no big deal. like Crusty said...im just gunna make my own, dont really want to but found a sheet metal guy who is gunna cut up some 16 gauge for me and im just going to weld it up myself...dont have a tig welder otherwise i would be all over doing one out of stainless or aluminum so im just going to us 16ga satin coat, put it right across the wheel wells just behind my seats...

PM sent, thanks!

It may seem like a silly question but... Why not just go
propane and be done with it?

A friend went propane on his Nissan hardbody/Chevy powered/Toyota axeled mutant. He loved it. Dumped it upside down a few times without a drop of spilled fuel.

not at all silly....i have most of the stuff to propane my truck however the propane mixer/carb is a IMPCO 425 which is going to be too big for a naturally aspirated 2F so...that means a turbo which is all good and cool but...im on a bit of a time crunch as i have to get this thing rolling for june 12th and streetable because my sister wants to use it for her wedding so...for now, its going to be running gas, im going to get a buddy who does sheet metal to bend/cut one up for me and then ill weld it and finish it up. original plan was to stretch the front as well with 60 springs and do some custom tube fenders nd a front hoop but...ya. when i switch over to propane ill take the fuel cell and drain it and then put it into my BJ42 for some serious long range drives...i expect the BJ42 will get around 1000k once its all fueled up, should be pretty cool for road trips

as the thread says...looking for a used fuel cell for my 40 project, i want to re-locate the tank to behind the seats and i would rather not make up my own. just more work...something in the 60-70 L size will consider anything but would prefer in that ballpark to keep the range of the truck about the same
hi i have one used fuel cell (15 gal) with blader build in, asking for$500. is that good for you,let me know. 604 8378373

hey...ya sorry i just ended up building my own fuel cell...thanks though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom