Looking for a dinky Trailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a "1/4 ton" type: m416 or Can 101, m100, bantam, willys or sears / monty ward (bradley would be cool also). Note the "101" is not a USA type, A hmmwv trailer is too big.

I know there are several if not more hiding out here. If any of you are considering re homing one ( for a reasonable fee ), can you kindly let me know what you're considering.

Good lookin out Murf! Too big though, for me anyway, they hitch those beasts up to humvee's. The type i'm looking for is usually what you'd see a rtt attached too. So needless to say they are somewhat sought after.

I've been using the neighbors on and off for a couple years for the expense of beers, which isn't a bad deal. Just figured maybe I'd try to find one of my own. No rush.

I just sold in the last 12 months what you seek.

T
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Seems like @Living in the Past may have been considering selling one of his trailers.

I have a WWII MBT (Willys) 1/4 trailer I am going to end up selling now that I picked up a another trailer made from a old Toyota pickup. Floor sags between the floor braces and springs are not near as stuff as my M416. But it is solid and not rusted. Has four M100 wheels, one combat rim and three 15" jeep wheels it came with.

These are great trailers but are heavy. Have a old M101A1 I use at the cabin. I can pull it with a stock FJ40 but does better behind my FJ62. Seen people buy these and then replace the axle with something lighter but still too heavy for off road use. You can find M105s cheaper then M101s but those are monsters. I know nothing about the trailers showing up that were used behind the HUMVEEs just that for my use they are too expensive.

I have an M101A3, shaved a lot of weight off of it, most of the weight is in the Lunette 200 lbs, and each tire is 220 lbs. It tracks the same width as my 4Runner and the extra storage is great. I've also found an adapter online to go from chevy 8 bolt to toyota 6, so it's not a terrible way to go, because the 1/4 ton trailers typically go for a lot of cash, the cheapest I've seen in awhile was $1200 and it looked like a bomb went off in it. Typical price for the 1/4 ton trailers have been 1800 to 2000. If you want pics of mine finished product with lid and RTT let me know.

DO NOT GET AN M105, that trailer was designed for the Deuce and a half, it's wayyyy to big for a light duty truck.

FWIW the M1101/2 trailers are really a great option and readily available. I picked up two a couple years ago that had never even been used, they were issued to the AZNG 2010 models. Yeah they are a little on the heavy side at 1460 lbs. You can shave some of that off by ditching the heavy wheels & tires(150 lbs. ea.) and swapping out the brakes to electric which is what I plan on doing with mine when I get around to it. The only real drawback to them is they are a little wide for narrow trails.
IMAG0558_zpsgtugjld3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom