Wanted looking for a carb, linkage and air cleaner for 2F 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My rig has never really run right with the POS aftermarket carb that came on one of my motors over the years. I'm in MA and looking for a setup. I'm all out of parts to make it work, so I'm looking for anyone who is parting out a 40 who has it available. I'll rebuild the carb if necessary.
Let me know.
Thanks,
Rob

My rig has never really run right with the POS aftermarket carb that came on one of my motors over the years. I'm in MA and looking for a setup. I'm all out of parts to make it work, so I'm looking for anyone who is parting out a 40 who has it available. I'll rebuild the carb if necessary.
Let me know.
Thanks,
Rob

Please keep me in mind if George has only some of the parts you need ...........respectfully :)

I also have MY ORANGE Accelerator Boot New ( re-manufactured ) top quality part

1595255948103.png

1595256058951.png

I have an air cleaner from a 1976 FJ40. It has been sandblasted and painted with 2K epoxy black paint and is ready to install. Pm me if you are interested.

What year?
I should have the parts .....

Hi, it's a 79 2F installed in a 71 tub/frame. The current carb is a Holley 350cfm that uses a throttle cable. I'm not sure if I need linkages for the factory setup or not for what I have going on.

So you’re not evensure if you want a 2F carb with a vacuum secondary, or an F with a mechanical secondary. Do you have a preference for the 2F ‘crossover‘ air cleaner or the driver’s side only F air cleaner, which requires loosening two head bolts to install?

Answers to these questions will net you better results.

I'm not unsure about how my truck is set up.

I built my 40 a long time ago from a couple of donors and would like to use Aisin parts, but I'm not going to sacrifice a summer because of it.
I use my truck but haven't spent much wrench time on it in 10 years because of other hobbies. I just want to drive and not deal with bull****. I live at the beach now.

It feels like I'm revisiting an unused Masters Degree at this point, so it would probably be easier to get everything above the intake and I can fab anything small to make it work.

At this point I'm thinking of just making it easy and putting on a 2150 and be done with it. If the cost is too high I'll throw out the Holley and just go with what ever works. If someone is parting out a late 70's 40 that runs, it would be ideal.

Thanks

Still looking?

Let me know.
Thanks,
Rob
I have an air cleaner housing build date 10 of 77
6A1716BF-39A2-4F4A-A88F-63F209BD7932.jpeg
50D22BAA-DBA1-40F9-AF7B-1142FE9A8306.jpeg
24B39935-B56E-4DDE-8E35-69D1347EA073.jpeg

79 2F intake manifold and valve cover is currently under the hood? The F and 2F intake manifolds place the carb a bit different relative to the head/valve cover.

So you've got the Holley 350 bought and paid for, very easy to rebuild them, then look at ebay #254412375238 to see how to make them work even better in off road terrain- - -this boy says nothing better. But there is something better, it's on ebay #254371192083, take a gander my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom