Looking for a 2000 LC hood mounted wind/bug deflector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, My son managed to break the genuine Toyota one wrasslin around with a friend in the HS parking lot. I've looked at Amazon, JC Whitney and Rock Auto - they all have the same no-name brand with lots of cruddy reviews. Anyone have a lead where I might look for alternatives before I buy the one I'm sure to regret?

Thanks!

I picked up the AVS model sold by Autozone, went for the "screwless" install and it looks pretty good! I;ll post some pics when i get home.

Here you go

20181025_180050.jpg

20181025_083426.jpg

20181025_083423.jpg

This one appears to be oem on my 03. It says Toyota on it. Looks pretty close to the avs one above!

View attachment 1819781

The only difference is that the AVS has a "flare" on the upper edge that's pretty good at deflecting stuff upward. everything else is as you said- pretty much the same.

Nothing beats the Aussie one...

ARB3413190-2.jpg

I went through this hassle with my local dealer a year or two ago. After going through 4, yes 4 deflectors that were warped, i quit the project. The price must've gone up as i remember it being around 70 or so.

Id probably go with an aftermarket brand if i were to do it again.

Good luck to you.

Do these keep rocks out of the windshield? Got another chip today.

I have the Toyota one as well, but no mounting screws and I'm nor tapping screws into my hood. The AVS is a screw
Do these keep rocks out of the windshield? Got another chip today.
As long as the trajectory isn't already above the hood, they work pretty well. Just the other day I saw a small pebble on the under construction highway here in Orlando (I4) get deflected up and over..to the car behind me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom