Looking for a 1HDT with 5 speed trans (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
THIS IS A SHOUT OUT TO ALL YOU DIESEL GUYS ...

Posted this in the Diesel section in the classifieds, however I know many of us who hang out in this section dont always venture over to the classifieds. (moderators please dont hate :D)

Im looking for a 1/2 cut 1HDT OR 1HD-FT with a H151 5 speed manual. (I know its a hard combo to come by!) for a swap into my 80.

Ive spoken with Proffitts, SOR, Radd cruisers, Lynchmob, G&S and a few guys on the board already. So ive done my homework and know the cost involved but am coming up short on what i need.

SOR seem to be the only ones who have the 1/2 cut but the price with shipping to the east coast is pretty crazy.

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

Doesnt HAVE to be a 1/2 cut (although thats preferred) as long as i can get hold of all the parts needed

:cheers:

Last edited:
anyone??

Lol.... be patient.

You're looking for a pink unicorn with yellow stripes, not just any unicorn.

I have a complete running HDJ81 with 5 speed, diff locks, winch, part time 4wd.... but you already know that. It is for sale ;)

~John

LOL your right and a rare unicorn it is indeed!

Did you get the email I sent you a few days ago about the engine?

check with G&S Cruiser Parts.

These aren't that rare south of the border. In fact that is the default configuration for the 80 series there. The problem is that you will never get one of those guys to part with one. Every once in a while one comes up for an un announced, unpublished sale. Usually some doctor who decides that he wants a loaded Prado instead. Guys hear about it ride over and talk to him and the rig is sold then and there on the spot. If you aren't in you'll never know it happened. Good luck.:cheers:

as I told you same history down here ( where most 80 are auto ) you better buy the complete running 80 witht the drivetrain you want ..

as I told you same history down here ( where most 80 are auto ) you better buy the complete running 80 witht the drivetrain you want ..

Most not all:D

Thanks for the advice, and PM's guys. Still on the hunt.

Hopefully I can get my hands on Joe's engine and trans if he decides to part it out - im first in line :D

Has anyone on here had any dealings with Soshin Trade Corporation out of CA?

You have a PM

PM replied to

It took me five years to find one, that I could afford, and It was "there it is GET IT NOW!". IHD-T, Magic dial and 5 speed are truly a pink unicorn with yellow stripes.

If you're up to it: loads of them in France, Germany and The Netherlands.
Grass always seems to be greener on the other side.
Good luck.

1. If you're up to it: loads of them in France, Germany and The Netherlands.
Grass always seems to be greener on the other side.
Good luck.

If you want to buy one in Europe then go search in England,they are way cheaper overthere and since it will be a parts donor it doesn't make a difference that it's a RHD.

That rig on CL is sweeet!
Wish I could just fly up there and drive it home (dont we all:frown:)

I have been looking in the UK as that is where im originally from and still have family over there who could take care of certain things on their end, although im not sure about the importing process such as fees, documents, decelerations etc
I have a few leads on there through mud of motors in the US which Im chasing down, although please keep the leads coming

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom