Looking for 76-77 FJ40 wiring diagram (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 77 FJ40 and have been looking for a wiring diagram for a bit now. I have a 78 wiring diagram but it is not even close on the wire colors etc.

I would appreciate if someone could scan it in or knew where it was.

My email address is: mpetersrx7@gmail.com

Thanks,
Mark

Tried this? <---- this is a link

What wire colors on your truck are 'not even close'?

What specifically are you working on?

Tried this? <---- this is a link

What wire colors on your truck are 'not even close'?

What specifically are you working on?
The '76-'77 diagram is different than the '78, I've beat my head against the wall many times due to this (since I've tried that link) :frown:

He's grafting a '82 2F to a '77 Fj40 with the later ignition and carb ;)

Thanks bsmith123!

Tucker

I have a 78 wiring diagram but it is not even close on the wire colors etc.

Actually, a quick comparison indicates that the color codes are nearly identical. In fact they are nearly identical across many years and different Toyota models. Maybe you aren't reading them right?

The '78 pdf diagram has a couple mistakes with the start and accessories wire colors swapped at the ignition switch.

He's grafting a '82 2F to a '77 Fj40 with the later ignition and carb ;)

So, He needs the Skinny on the '82 ignitor/carb solenoid wiring?

Actually, a quick comparison indicates that the color codes are nearly identical. In fact they are nearly identical across many years and different Toyota models. Maybe you aren't reading them right?

The '78 pdf diagram has a couple mistakes with the start and accessories wire colors swapped at the ignition switch.
Just so happens the I've only ever been interested in the ignition and coil/ignitor, these are different on the two diagrams. Guess it's my bad luck :frown:

Tucker

So, He needs the Skinny on the '82 ignitor/carb solenoid wiring?

Mornin' Grant,

I scanned an '82 FJ60 wiring schematic for Mark, but don't think it was exactly what he needed. Hopefully those '77 diagrams will be the silver bullet.

Or, maybe you should consider a road trip to Austin? :D

Lee :cheers:

Road Trip.......

Or, maybe you should consider a road trip to Austin? :D

Lee :cheers:

I'll need someone poking me with a sharp stick to force me into the big "A".....Man! I hate that place.....

OK!.... Maybe I can get Bob Phillips to come along and produce an episode for the "Texas Country Reporter"...:idea: Just in case I get mugged or run-over there will be a taped version for my defence....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom