Looking for 60 or 62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been an avid Fj40 owner for 15 years. 1961, 1967, 1970, 1972, and 1975 currenlty. I am looking for a FJ60/62 and don't know too much about them. Any reccomendations are appreciated. I am in Las Vegas. Really like to find one with a vortec conversion like i have for my FJ40.

Here is a pic of my 1961 with 38k original miles!

Thanks
IMG_0227.jpeg
IMG_0215.jpeg
IMG_0225.jpeg

If you are looking for one with a Vortec, or if you are going to swap in a Vortec, then we don't need to have the 3FE vs 2F and the 4 speed vs auto discussion. The frame is stronger on an FJ62. The 62 has more headlights, but coming from your FJ40 perspective, you may appreciate the round headlights on the 60 more than the rectangular headlights on the 62. The 62 has power door locks, windows, mirrors, and push button 4 X 4. Most of those will need to be fixed, but it isn't difficult to do, and once they are fixed, they work great. Other than that, there isn't any difference between the two. It's probably more important to find one without any rust.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that the dash is a little different between the two, with the most important difference being the size of the radio hole. I have an aftermarket stereo and CB mounted in the dash on my FJ62. If you settle on an FJ60, you will have to find another spot for your CB if you want one. The FJ60 dash is only 1 din.

Last edited:
Chances are your going to have to do an engine swap, you don't see too many vortec 60s for sale

Well I found the one i was looking for, not a vortec but at least TPI. More importantly "no rust". Ony 120k miles and really clean.
DSC01446.jpg

Well I'm sad to report but my 60 was stolen last month from in front of my office. Hasn't turned up yet but $25k in work down the drain. Good thing I have my 45lbp project to keep me focused on good things

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

Mate sorry to hear that, that is one nice looking 60, if it hasn't been found after a month then it's probably been shipped out somewhere already, but you never know, cars have all of sudden turned up after longer than that.

Best of luck mate, hope you find it

Very sorry to hear your 60 was stolen!

As has been discussed many times, these vehicles have become popular, and unfortunately, they are easy to steal!

I seldom drive mine to places where it sits for very long, as I'm afraid of this happening to ours. As a warning to others, do something, switch, fuel cut, chain on the shifter, something to at least make ot harder to steal yours...

Again, sorry and hope it turns up.

Doug

Yeah I've kinda had to ignore that it happened. Just got it dyno tuned and got the TPI up to 325hp at the rear. Was at my office for 3 days while I was waiting on my current registration which I received the day before it got nabbed. Hopefully it's sitting in a parking lot somewhere and it will turn up. Had about $20k in the build 120k miles and no rust. Ugh!

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom