Looking for 4” lift springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need to replace my springs, not sure how much lift they are or which brand as these were on the truck when I bought it. Want to go 4” and looking for replacement springs (yes I know all the other stuff involved in going 4”). Which springs are good and dont sag after a year of usage? I was looking at the tough dog TDC 948/4H for the front (winch and steel bumper) and TDC 949/4H for the rear (steel bumper with tyre carrier and spare wheel + additional fuel tank). But I cant find them in the states? What do you guys recommend for a soft setup on a heavy? Truck.

70B03D42-999C-4DE3-894B-A5A2888FA54E.jpeg

I’ve got the Ironman 4” foam cell pro kit on my 80 and after getting my caster sorted I love it.
I recommend the @Delta VS control arms and rear panhard bracket if you go this route. I’ve had it on my truck almost Two years and I haven’t noticed any sagging.

Thanks, had a look at those, and comparing the spring lengths they give more like a 3-3.5" lift.
With the same spring diam of Tough Dog 949/4H, the Ironman rear springs are shorter?

Have you gone through the exhaustive 80 series suspension thread (pinned to top of this forum)? You should probably get a good understanding from reading through there.
If you really want to dial it in, either estimate the weight of your additions or weigh it at a weigh station to understand how much weight you're dealing with.

Yes, to be honest I have. And most of the discussion is regarding 2-3.5" lifts. Unfortunately I didn't find the necessary information I am after.

850j/863 old man emu. Or true 4 inch slee’s

I have the dobinsons flexi 4" coils. Happy so far!

Dobinson has lots of options, but the 4" Flexi coils are not intended for heavy trucks. You can contact them, they are pretty helpful.

Need to replace my springs, not sure how much lift they are or which brand as these were on the truck when I bought it. Want to go 4” and looking for replacement springs (yes I know all the other stuff involved in going 4”). Which springs are good and dont sag after a year of usage? I was looking at the tough dog TDC 948/4H for the front (winch and steel bumper) and TDC 949/4H for the rear (steel bumper with tyre carrier and spare wheel + additional fuel tank). But I cant find them in the states? What do you guys recommend for a soft setup on a heavy? Truck.

View attachment 2466765

At what height are you sitting? The spring heights the manufacturers are stating (except OME) are for marketing purposes only. What you end up might be quite a bit different depending on your rig.

@80Nomad I have a set of OME 3051/3052 4” lift springs I’d let go for a decent price plus shipping if you’re interested.
9A81DFA7-4F2B-4E00-B2BC-6398A8BC293A.jpeg

DFAB67C4-FD5B-4C56-971E-B96889D02DA3.jpeg

Anyone figure this out. I’ve been looking for a true 4” lift to get rid of my J Springs and trim packer up front. Most options I’ve found are about 3.5”. Was going to do the ome comp springs but looking for a change. Anyone, bueller?

I've got a set of used 4" Dobinson Flexicoil rear springs and matching Fox shocks sitting in my garage right now. I replaced them with 3" Dobinson tapered coil springs and IMS shocks because the Flexicoil and Fox combination couldn't handle the weight of a rear bumper, spare, family of 4, two dogs, camp gear, and full fridge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom